Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mandy

Where Are You From?

What part of the world do you live in?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What part of the world do you live in?

• UK
    • Europe
    • US
    • Canada
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Other

I'm from Worcester, Massachussets in the US

right now i am attending the University of MA - Amherst

Hi all,

I'm from Taunton in the beautiful South West of England, but originally from North West England where I was born and bred in Burnley.

Steve

Although born in Arvada, Colorado I live in the west of Ireland.

"Where ever I go I'll always have one foot in Ireland"

Steve

Hi

Milton Keynes for my sins. Town of the concrete cows and roundabouts by the gazilleon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel

Soon to be 8yr LBKA here..... celebrating this sat....(8yrs cancer free) :rolleyes:

I am from Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

I live in Great Falls, Montana - USA. :D

Hey Kristi your signature looks like one of those emails I get occasionally :huh::rolleyes:

I live in central New York....not the city. It is really beautiful here; rolling hills rivers and streams, mountains in the distance.

Contrary to my name, I am not a red neck. I am a moderate. I liked Bill Clinton as a president. I can't stand George Bush.

I'm from the Uk. Newcastle upon Tyne, where we are known as Geordies, we have a terrible football team :o , wonderful bridges and very friendly people.

Lynne

Well Lynne, I cant agree more with you about your team, in fact its the first time I've ever heard a maggie say that. Of course as a mackem Ive said it many times!! :D All good naturedly of course!!

Keith

(a mackem in the states)

hi im mick from blyth in northumberland born in london but moved up north many years ago

Ventura County, California. Right between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara. (Born San Diego). Now live in Missouri, because it is a lot like California used to be back in the '50's. Nice people, and not such a rat race.

Hey you all , I'm from the Buckeye State of Ohio....about 20 miles from Athens, Ohio (usa).......home of Ohio University. My town is very small....you know one of those where everyone knows what you have done before you get home after doing it????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's OK though, I have always lived here & people are very friendly and really care about each other.

:rolleyes::blink: (eag)

Hi guys,

my name is Mike. I have now been living in this small provincial town of Kusel

(around 5.300 inhabitants) in the south western German state of

Rhineland-Palatinate for 26 years.

American servicemen will be familiar with the nearest major city Kaiserslautern,

aka K-Town, the US Airforce Airbase at Ramstein, the Military Hospital at

Landstuhl and the Baumholder Training Area and Firing Range.

I was born and bred in the city of Krefeld, near Düsseldorf, close to the

Dutch border, once renowned for its textile (silk) industry.

Used to be home to HM Coldstream Guards for a couple of years in the

50s., was later garrisoned by 16th Signal Regiment Royal Signals.

Take care!

Kind regards,

Mike RHD

Hi, All...

Downey, California, US... about 20 miles southeast of Los Angeles... Home of the Apollo space program, pop singers Karen and Richard Carpenter, and the oldest still-operating McDonald's.

take care... cherylm ;)

Hi everyone.

I'm from Bend, Oregon where it looks as if we are going to have winter all year long this year.

Hi, Ken...

I've been through Bend a few times and even have a "family story" that happened there:

We were on a family road trip. I was in high school at the time -- summer of 1970, a rather turbulent year -- and our ancient Plymouth station wagon overheated just outside of Burns. Dad ever-so-slowly "limped" the car into town and found a service station which met his "no damned hippies" conservative standards: everything sparkling-white, American flag flying out front, older mechanic, crew-cut, in neat uniform, the works. Explained our problem... mechanic got the car up on the lift... and took us for every penny we had, for a whole string of "major emergency" repairs. Literally, my sister and I even counted out the pennies left in our souvenir fund to help get the Plymouth out of hock.

Couple of hours later, back on the road, outskirts of Bend... yeah. The car overheats, steam spews everywhere, water pours out the bottom of the car, Dad starts cussing. Limp into the first service station we hit in Bend: slightly messy... a couple of dogs roaming around... and a grease-stained young guy (long hair, beard, wire-rimmed glasses, patched jeans, t-shirt) comes wandering out to meet us. ("Damned hippie," Dad grumbles.)

"Damned hippie" listens to our story, helps Dad push the car the rest of the way in to the garage, gets it up on the lift... and points out the $1.00 hose clamp that's failed. Takes us over to his home to wait while the car cools down enough to replace the clamp. His "old lady" feeds us dinner, gets us cold drinks, basically entertains us while we wait on the car. Some time later, "damned hippie" (I wish I could remember his name -- it was something quite ordinary) replaces the clamp. Won't take payment for the PART, much less his labor or the fine food and drink. "You guys have given enough to the Oregon economy for one day," he tells us as he waves us on our way. Yep... car ran like a dream (or at least like its ancient, predictable self) all the rest of the trip.

Dad never mentioned the episode again... but I picked up a good example of "not judging a book by its cover." I still think fondly of Bend.

take care... cherylm

That was a neat story Cherlym. So true. Just "show's to go ya".

That was a great story cherylm.

We still have a huge mix of folks from both ends of the political spectrum here in Bend and that makes it quite lively around election time. I've lived all up and down the west coast (originally born and raised in Alaska) and whenever I have fond memories of an area it's always the people and not a particular aspect of that area that I'm remembering.

Hey you all , I'm from the Buckeye State of Ohio....about 20 miles from Athens, Ohio (usa).......home of Ohio University. My town is very small....you know one of those where everyone knows what you have done before you get home after doing it????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's OK though, I have always lived here & people are very friendly and really care about each other.

:huh::angry: (eag)

Wow I just read this... I knew you were from Ohio, but near Athens??!! I LOVE that place! Hubby and I visited near there last fall and I had to have him drive us through Athens. I jokingly stated that I'd give my OTHER leg to be 20 years old and a college student there! Yikes! It was only a joke, but you know what I mean!

Marilyn