Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Brenda

Minor surgery

Hi All,

I had minor throat surgery on Thursday and so far I'm healing pretty good. Still feel a little bit irratated and it hurts to eat most foods. Loads of of ice cream and soft food for me right now. I did manage a small day out yesterday and met Karen at the CP's office. What a nice lady and with all that I was going through I am glad I made the trip. If I don't post to much in the next few days please forgive me as I can only hang for short periods. (hang is my oldest daughters slang for stay awake).

Hi Brenda

I hope all goes better, and I am sorry to hear about your throat surgery, best wishes to you and get well and start eating good food :)

Lesley

Get well soon, Brenda. Eat some ice cream for me, preferably Ben & Jerry's pistachio!

Hiyya Brandaa gurl , i hoping gurl your feling bettterr now but if you neediing to eatting ice creamm , starwberry and chocloate are the BEST . I loving gurl thee the kind that has lotts of real chcoclotattesd in side and real starwberrys .

Thanks for the well wishes.. I can't eat anything that has lumps in it yet so no ice cream with strawberries or or even my favorite mint.. :( I will get there eventually but it's going to take a few more days then I would like.

I hate that feeling of not being able to swallow food. Hope you heal quickly and can get back to eating real food soon.

Hope you feel better real soon Brenda so you can hang with us like you always do. :D

Make yourself some fruitjuice popsicles Brenda, they are yummy. Anybody made you some chicken soup broth? I hope you are back to being yourself soon :)

Maybe we could all make some chicken soup and send it to Brenda? :D

Hi Brenda, hope you are feeling better soon. The one good thing that could come out of this is that you might lose a few pounds, I'm not saying you need to, but a girl always likes to lose weight :lol:

Hi Brenda, sure hope you're feeling better real soon and will be able to eat whatever you chose. I know that soft stuff just don't cut-it when your belly is saying, "feed me, I'm hungry"!! :blink: :( I imagine it probably bothers you some when talking as well. I could handle the not eating, but not talking, now that would be way to much torture, but of course my hubby may have another point of view!!! :blink: :P :lol: :lol:

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Kindness goes a long ways, so let there be enough for everyone.

Hi Brenda,

Sorry to hear that you had to have surgery on your throat. :(

I fully empathise with you as, when I was in hospital, I had problems swallowing too (the feeding tube started to cause major problems when I started eating solid foods) and it was such a relief when they finally took it out.

I hope the surgery was successful though, and that things improve for you.

Enjoy eating all that ice-cream!! :blink:

Hi Brenda,

I would also like to wish you a speedy recovery from your Surgery.

Debbie

Hi Brenda,

Hope it all stays well for you. I could do woth not eating for a few days, got to lose some weight for my hols in 4 weeks. Problem is i just love my food too much (typical taurien). Anyway get well soon, take care. ;)

Quick update.. I'm still on the mend getting a little better everyday hopefully it won't last to long. Most food is still to much so I'm starving to death hey at least I can loose another 5 lbs which I need. LOL

Hi Brenda

So glad to hear you are on the mend. I just wondered if you have tried a long cocktail using ice cream. Thought you might be able to think of some new names and ideas! 'long island tea' i or 'sex on the beach' are such a boring names :huh:

Best wishes and keep taking the rum its brilliant for making you forget you had a problem!

Love Rachel :huh: