Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Hi everyone

I wanted to give everyone an update and a big hug and thank you for all you support. You have all been such a help to me I cant say how grateful I am for all your help and advice. :D

I am now officially walking tall and proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I m allowed to wear my barbie leg for about 3 hours a day. ( was a bit worried when I could not find it the other day but the dog took a liking to the shoe and it was behing the sofa!!) <_<

My husband has had to work extra hours just lately and had not really realised how far I had come, so when I suggested going to the pub for a drink he got the car keys out. :angry:

Oh no I said we are walking, he looked at me very strangely as he does not walk any where. I made it and I was not caught drunk in charge of a leg just very very merry and that had nothing to do with the drink.

I went to physio yesterday and rode an excercise bike. Again managed that but boy the seat was hard! They are now going to discharge me on Monday as I am now only lacking in confidence not ability. :blink:

I cant believe I have achieved this all so soon. I only had the amputation 8 weeks ago last Monday. I know I am really lucky as I had no arterial damage and therefore have healed really quickly. But oh I am so excited that I am now being able to lead a normal life.

Thanks once again for all your assistance and help I could not have stayed so positive through this without you all. ;)

Love and hugs

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Glad things are working out for you you seem to be doing really well.

Remember to take a good rest between those mad bouts of activity as you don't want to set yourself back... and remember to keep the leg out of that dog's reach :)

That's great news Rachel!! :D

Nothing quite beats the feeling of being vertical again, and I hope that it's not long until you are allowed to wear your leg all day.

Keep up the good work! :D

Good stuff Rachel!! :D

Cat

WOOOHOOOO! You're still new at this so listen to your body take all this in BABY STEPS as you don't want to set yourself back by rushing things. I know you must be thrilled at being upright again! Keep us posted on your progress.

Nothing quite beats the feeling of being vertical again

Sounds like an advert for Pfizer :lol: ;)

Did you not know that I worked for them??!

Our mission is to dedicate ourselves to humanity's quest for longer, healthier, happier lives through innovation in pharmaceutical, consumer, and animal health products.

(Don't you just love Copy and Paste?!!) :lol: ;) :P

Afet wrote.....Our mission is to dedicate ourselves to humanity's quest for longer, healthier, happier lives through innovation in pharmaceutical, consumer, and animal health products.

Shouldn't the word "longer" be either underlined or bold face? :lol: :lol: ;)

Kep B)

Hi Rach:

You know, I sooooooooooo believe in yelling out those little events that one experiences. Only other amps can realize how much of an effect this little event produces........................keep going.............and keep yelling!!

ED