Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Not sure what I think about this.

It was in the newspaper here this morning www.theage.com.au

I dunno wteher to laugh or cringe.

Tuesday August 2, 2005

A man who had a foot amputated has decided to keep it for old times' sake. Ezekiel Rubottom is keeping the foot on the front porch of his Kansas home. "I'm not sick or, like, a danger. I just wanted my foot," he said.

Ah, yes... I read about that too.

Apparently, the local police had to come and take away his foot and investigate whether there was any criminal offence involved...

Police Return Amputated Foot After Temporary Seizure

Ezekiel Rubottom got his left foot back exactly where he wants it - in a bucket on the front porch. Kansas police returned the amputated foot to him after seizing it during the weekend just to see how it came to be there.

The 21-year-old man's foot was amputated three weeks ago after a series of medical problems. He started keeping it in a five-gallon (20-liter) bucket filled with formaldehyde.

Sgt. Dan Ward. stated, "We had to make sure that no crime had been committed". The one footed man said he cut off two of the toes, and was considering giving them to friends. :o :o

:blink::unsure::blink:

Wow!~ I am not sure what to say about this one...and the name is very interesting.

thanks for sharing it with us.

Lesley

The one footed man said he cut off two of the toes, and was considering giving them to friends.  :o  :o

oh my gawd......

The friends: ''err, umm, err ....thanks loads, Ezekiel :unsure: Lovely pressie, much appreciated, cough...cough. These certainly will come in handy around the house'' :o

Toes will come in handy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So...sneaking in and out are we Kaz? :lol:

Nice to see you so briefly

Never gave it much thought...........................other than the fact that I already have both feet in the grave!!!!

ED

Couldn't the police work out that if a one legged man (with fresh amputation signs) has a leg in a bucket it's more than a long shot that it's his own :unsure:

Like the name. Just as well he wasn't a DAK or it would have been very appropriate :)

hehehe

Hiya Cat, sneaked in for a tad from stage left :D . The story of Mr Rubottom from Kansas and the adventures of his seized left foot (with or without the handy toes ??!! hehe)in an Aussie news site, very intriguing indeed.... :lol:

Eeeeeek! :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that, nobody asked me if I wanted to keep my leg as a momento...

Cringe - I think that's the appropriate response on this one. Lawdy lawd! Although it does/did belong to him I suppose...YUK.

Toes will come in handy?

The nails might. . .never know when you'll need a toothpick :blink:

Oh, Marcus, THAT'S gross!!!! :o :blink::unsure::ph34r::blink:

Just when you think you've heard everything!!! I know we all have our little quirks etc, but that IMPO is sick. Gosh how thoughtful of him to consider giving a friend a couple toes, now that's what I call a true pal!!! :lol: Hey ya never know, maybe his friend makes some good JAM!!! :ph34r: :P :lol: I wonder if he's related to Stephen King the writer???? :unsure: :o

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Hiya Kaz, good to see you back, but I haven't any toes for ya my friend!! :blink: :lol: :lol: ;)

Toes will come in handy?

The nails might. . .never know when you'll need a toothpick :blink:

Oh, Marcus, THAT'S gross!!!! :o :blink::ph34r::blink::blink:

I told you he'd get worse 'cause it's his birthday :unsure: :D :lol:

Ugh!!! Quite possibly the LAST thing I'd want to do is SEE the leg, much less keep it around!!! That's very gross and more than a little sick. :unsure:

eddie103 - I gotta remember that one :) Definitly funnier than my "I keep swimming in circles" bit

That said - I did often question where my leg went after surgery. The doctors didn't wanna tell me, so of course that made it all the more interesting.

I would have to say thats a pretty nasty story. I mean, what happens if/when the liquid solution evaporates? I mean... at least put a lid on the bucket!

LOL Muz!!!! :lol: :lol:

I personally think that Rubottom's sense of humour has officially kicked the bucket! :lol: :P ;)

he he i wonder if he takes it when he goes to a house party? bring a bottle or a foot? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i bet it smells a bit?

pickled toes........yeeeeeuuuccchhh! :unsure: :P Now they know what to do with them ...aarrgghh.

Thiis susbjecct iis sooooooooo groossssss ............ YYYYYYYUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk