Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pat.UK.

My heads in a spin

Hi

Yesterday my head was in a spin I put a posting on a another topic about what had happened on Monday of this week I had gone with my husband for his 2 yearly check up at the hospital because 4 years ago he had a life saving operation on one of the main arteries to the brain because it was 90%+ blocked and having the operation would help to stop him having strokes 2 years ago he was fine when he had his check up this time we thought it would be the same but when he was scanned this time one of the 2 main arteries was blocked completely there is nothing they can do for my husband now that it is completely blocked he will have to rely on one artery for blood flow to his brain I only pray that one can keep going as that is the one that was repaired last time.I love him so much we were married in our Teen's just over 40 years ago.I will keep praying.

Regards Pat.

Pat,

I can only imagine the anxiety you must be feeling right now. You have the opportunity to appreciate your husband and show him the love you have. It must be so hard to wonder what will happen next.

Is he on blood thinners to help his condition? If so, please remind him to take special care of himself.

Our time with those we love is precious, and I know you will not waste a minute of your time with the man you have loved for so long.

And, of course, if you need to cry or just have someone support you for awhile, you have many friends here who will help.

My prayers go to you and your husband.

Maryl

I will pray with you Pat,

Ally

Hi Pat,

I hope so much things get better for your hubby. I can understand why your head is spinning. Any time you need to get something off your chest you know where to find us.

Cat

Hi Pat, so sorry to hear such sad news. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Miracles have been known to happen, so lets keep praying for one, k? :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

So sorry to hear that Pat, it must be so difficult for you both. My thoughts are with you.

Ann

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. Me and my family will be thinking of you.

Rachel

Oh Pat I'm sorry to read what's happened; no wonder your head is in a spin. I hope that everything will be ok for you and I'll be thinking of you.

Mel

Pat, if it is the carotid artery, he should be okay with one. My mother had surgery on one and the other one was totally blocked for many years. Meantime, my prayers are with you both.

:rolleyes:

Hi Marcia.

Thanks you have made me feel a lot better in myself.It is the Carotid as you said when my husband was scanned he had to wait and see the consultant he was very worried while he had to wait when we were in his office there were so many things we wanted to ask but we forgot some of the questions we wanted to ask all we heard was that there was no more he could do with that main artery we could have missed some of the other things he told us.As I said before the one that is still working is the one that was repaired last time,but after reading your posting that gives me more hope than I could have wished for.Thank you so much I feel so good now more than I did the other day.Also my husband thanks you to he feels more confident now.If your Mum could do it so can he.

Kind regards Pat.

I'm glad I was able to help you feel better, but please talk with your dr about it. When it happened to my mother she had had a small stroke. One artery was something like 70% blocked and the other totally. For some reason, when it's totally occluded, they can't do anything.

Take good care of yourself and, of course, hubby :rolleyes:

To all,

Though they said I had a heart attack from West Nile Virus, my arteries were

clear. My blind friend, Tom, tested clear too from the same test, running dye and

a wire up your Femoral artery. I had no pain from the 'heart attack'.

All I can attribute clean arteries to, is strong plant enzymes which you can get at your local health food store cheaply.

Or from litalee.com . I get no money from that, but it works.

The enzymes debride your arteries given time. I didn't need further treatment,

a shunt or anything according to the Mayo Clinic.

Sincerely,

Dennis

Pat U.k

I am so sorry to hear about your husband...I will be praying for your family. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Lesley