Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dumbarton

My surgery

Hi Everyone: Well my surgery is 12:40 pm tomorrow. I'm scared but I'm going thru with it. Thanks so very much for the people that took the time to email me! I appreciate it so much.

Until tomorrow,

Lynne

Hi Lynne

I am so very proud of you. You email me anytime or Pm if you need someone...I am pretty sure everyone else will want to hear from you as well. I will be thinking about you as your having this done. Good luck and loads of hugs from me.

Lesley

Hi Leslie:

Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your "reply", it goes a long way with me.

I'll try and post tomorrow when I arrive home.

Again, THANKS

Luv,

Lynne

Good luck Lynne

:angry:

Hi Lynne

Best of luck Thinking of you dont worry things will only get better.

Pat.

Hi Lynne

I am glad my reply helped you! I am thinking of you this afternoon.

Loads of hugs

Lesley

Hi Lynne:

Must apologise for not getting to you previously but have been away from the computer for a while.

Haven't got much experience with revision and stuff. know of only one person wo had to do this and she is great no.

Have several bone spurs mutating in me also but they are not a problem to date.

looking forward to your recovery 'cause ....I still am waiting for that story!!!!!!!

ED

I'M GREAT

Goodonya Lynne :D

Hope each day sees you getting stronger and stronger in your recovery.

Ally

Glad to hear you are doing well, hope things continue to improve :)

Love from

Hi Lynne

I am so glad you are doing well...I know your recovery will be better each day.

You showed me strength. Be strong and chin up.

Lesley

Hi Everyone:

Surgery went well (I think), don't remember seeing my surgeon after surgery LOL. They kept me in an extra day because of excessive bleeding. It's been pretty painful, but tolerable. I've even followed my Doc's instruction and have given my body time to heal. Mind you I'm getting bored, but that's OK. The 'PAIN' has gone!!!!!. This is the first time in over a year that I have not had "that pain". I'm pretty sure that I'll need a new prosthesis because my stump has changed shape. I can deal with that. I cooked last night!!, just fried up some chicken and spuds, paid for it later but I felt good and productive. Can't wait to get back to work. Ed, I noticed your question about work! as most of you know I work 7 on and 7 off, 1530 to 2345. I do find at about day 6 I'm pooped, but it is great having 7 off. It feels like a vacation every 7th day.

My family have all commented that "they feel" I'm coming out of the depression I have been in for the past year. That is the biggest difference I've noticed! I am feeling alive again, so here's hoping my stump and HEAD are getting better.

Thanks to all that have thought about me. Thru the last year of my depression I've always known I can come here and vent, crazy or not!

Luv,

Lynne

Glad to hear you are up and about. No more pain means less painkillers which means you will function in the 'real world'. I so loved not being in that black tunnel any more

Good luck.

Rachel

So glad that you're feeling better and I hope it just gets brighter as the days go on. Lots of luck with everything and try to take your time with the recovery (as hard as that is).

Take Care.

Caroln

Did you know that you actually sound like a different person, Lynne? Much more positive and in control of things. :)

I'm so pleased that everything went well for you & I hope that it will stay that way! :)

Lizzie