Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Stephen

Weight issues

still hanging in there

so thats a good sign even did a bit of exercise bike as well

woo hoo

That's great! And, once you're doing regular exercise & the endorphins kick in, you'll feel even better!! :)

Lizzie

hiya all i have still been at it :)

dont know how long now? but i think i have gone past that dodgy stage

i am actually quite enjoying it now knowing i am doing something whats going to help me

still havnt gone on skales yet

that be next mth about 18th at the limb centre

so i have another 6 weeks to shrink a bit more

anyway i thought i share my situ with this B)

Hello Stephen. On the subject of weight, I quit smoking the same time that I lost my leg, 17 plus years ago. All I wanted was one candy bar after another until I had put on 20 to 30 pounds. (Yes, I'm an American). Also, I was having a problem with my insurance company, so I didn't get therapy for the new leg. I learned to walk on it and lost the weight at the same time by going out back and terracing a small slope in our back yard with a hand pick and a shovel, for my wife to build a garden. By the time I was finished, the insurance mess was all straightened out, but I didn't need the therapy anymore. I've walked fine on it ever since - and kept the weight off. I weighed myself for years, standing on one leg because I didn't think my prosthesis was really a part of me. I eventually got over that and accepted it. Today it is a normal part of my weight. Everything will soon even out and be a part of whatever is normal. Good Luck.

Jim T.

Joplin, Missouri

Good going, Stephen. Taking the first step is hard but you've done it and now you're on your way.

Hi Stephen

I hope you're still enjoying losing weight? :)

I found this link a few years ago when I was losing weight & I thought you may be interested in it (?). It's a BMI calculator that takes into account your amputation(s) levels: Healthy Body Calculator.

Lizzie :)

Geeze....thanks alot for theat link Lizzie! I'm 5'5' 120 & according to that chart I"M OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Ok, Ok, yes, I'd like to be within the suggessted range of 96-118. Just not sure if that's possible. I mean...no salsa.....no chips....no beer? :o

NO LIFE!!!!! :lol:

Linda

I found this link a few years ago when I was losing weight & I thought you may be interested in it (?). It's a BMI calculator that takes into account your amputation(s) levels: Healthy Body Calculator.

Lizzie--

Thank you so much for sharing that link with is. I have looking for something like that, since I became an amputee.

Patti

so why not do a lose weight programme with all us fat gits keeping in touch and helping each other reach our goals .it always help if someone is rooting for you .so any one interested lets go for it.

I'm in............................

so why not do a lose weight programme with all us fat gits keeping in touch and helping each other reach our goals .it always help if someone is rooting for you .so any one interested lets go for it.

I'm in too!

No way is 5-5, 120 overweight. That's crazy.

No way is 5-5, 120 overweight. That's crazy.
I totally agree...I have size 8 hands & large bones - honest ;) - so even when I'm almost skeletal (which doesn't happen very often) I'm too heavy. So, that's why I tend to use the BMI section of the calculator.

It's not perfect, but I found it so useful when I was losing weight (as it had different amp levels built into it) that I thought others would find it helpful too.

Lizzie :)

Mmmm, I had a look at it and it looks fabulous, except I'm too scared to measure my waist and hips..... :lol: :lol:

except I'm too scared to measure my waist and hips.....

I'm alright measuring the waist ... its my hips I can't find :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geeze....thanks alot for theat link Lizzie! I'm 5'5' 120 & according to that chart I"M OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Ok, Ok, yes, I'd like to be within the suggessted range of 96-118. Just not sure if that's possible. I mean...no salsa.....no chips....no beer? :o

NO LIFE!!!!! :lol:

Linda

No salsa and chips? No beer? If we ever get together what are we going to do, go to a vegan restaurant?

No salsa and chips? No beer? If we ever get together what are we going to do, go to a vegan restaurant?

How about tequila and lemon.......?

Tequila, vodka, beer. I'm easy. (don't even have a play with that one guys...it's too easy)!

Marcus....like your idea. You're always welcome to come over. :)

DF...no freaking way I could go vegan. Possibly vegetarian, allowing some dairy....but raw & everything... :blink: ..not unless I was on Survivor & starving!

Linda

Mmmm, I had a look at it and it looks fabulous, except I'm too scared to measure my waist and hips..... :lol:  :lol:

I'm with you, Ally!