Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dabbit

Tv presenting

Someone I had an aquaintance with when I had my amputation, and who had all four limbs removed is now a reporter on ITV local news. I personally think this is an amazing achievement!

:D

Eish Dabbit, you gotta give us more than that! Who, where, what, how.....

Throw us a link at least..... ;)

:angry:

Hi dabbit

I think the girl is called Helen on Anglia TV. She does all the news items on Disabilities.Nice young lady well done for her achievement.

Pat.

I searched Google, and think I have found the Helen being talked about here.

Her full name is Helen Smith. She actually had meningococcal septicaemia and has been through ALOT. But, she seems to be doing very well now and has gone on to achieve many things. :D

In fact, I found a couple of interesting sites that tell her story:

http://www.meningitis.ca/my_story/helensmith.asp

and

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/publications/rep...0089/feat01.htm

Eish Dabbit, you gotta give us more than that! Who, where, what, how.....

Throw us a link at least..... ;)

Everyone has done that for me Ally...lol

I've just had a look at the links & I recognised her! There was a lot of media coverage about Helen, just after her amputations wasn't there? At the time, I thought she was a lovely girl with lots of 'guts' - you're right, she is amazing! :D

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie, yeah there was media coverage in the Anglia region at least following her... She also created a bit of fuss for Addenbrookes hospital when she moaned about the state of the legs recieved, unfortunatley the health authority wouldn't pay for her to get better from a private company so from what I remember she had to start a fund.

I only met her once or twice while at the same physio and thought she was amazing too in how she coped. I just can't imagine waking up and having no limbs!

Good on you Helen for acheiving success...

:blink:

Hi dabbit

Just looked at the diabetes site it looks a great site have been a Diabetic many years lost my leg through it and many other complications such as eyes and many more things I think this site on diabetes will be a success.Thanks for telling us about it. PS. We pick up Anglia TV. Where we live.

Kind regards Pat.

Thanks so much Pat UK, I truly hope it will be a bit more successful...I am going to write a letter to Diabetes UK and add the address, hoping they will publish it in Balance - although I doubt they will...

I was sorry to read about your amputation being through diabetes, I am guessing you have had it for some time (diabetes that is)? I was diagnosed in October 1997, just under ayear since my accident. It was amazingly hard for me to come to terms with the diagnosis and indeed I did question it with my doctor on several occasions....

Thanks again Pat

Take care

Dave

post-8-1129023943.gif