Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
girly_wales

sad news

I am part of a kidney forum, as I also have renal issues, and one of our members is sadly dying. he wrote such a lovely post from his bed.

http://kidneypatientguide.org.uk/newBB/viewtopic.php?t=1110

Click here to read, this guy Old Borris is 80, he has only been on dialysis for 8 years and sadly his time has come.

This made me realise how special you all are to me, and how nice it is to be part of this family.

Praying for him.

love

Andy

x x

Andy,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

My son has a friend whose Dad has acute kidney problems, and has dialysis something like 5 - 6 days a week, at home and in hospital. He has been called and cancelled for surgery 3 times this year alone.

I hope that when Boris' time comes, it will be peaceful.

Sue.

Funny, but after reading that I had a smile on my face. He sounds like a great guy with probably a very wicked sense of humour. What a decision to make. Hope his last journey is a peaceful one.

My sister is also on dialysis following the failure of her 1st transplant. Our family looked into the possibilty of donating one of our own but sadly none of us were compatible. Apparently the 2nd one is harder to match as the body builds up more antibodies.

What a priviledge it must be to know a man like this.

Hi

How brave that man is.How do they act so brave I know my brother died of cancer and he was so brave and joking to the end and my nephew who only died a month a go he was the same.That post you shared with us was loverly it made me laugh and cry at the same time God bless him I know he will.

Pat.

You too, have become a special part of this family! :D How very touching, he seems like a man everyone would like know and lucky you, to have had the oppurtunity. :huh: ;)

My thoughts and prayers

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Thanks for sharing that, Andy. He seems to be quite a guy. This was especially touching for me as my mother passed away in February under much the same circumstance. Her dialysis was stopped and and she died on the 7th day after. She truly had a wonderful week; in her own home, in her own bed, surrounded by family and friends.. It was the way she wanted to go and I'm thankful it happened that way for her. We should all be so lucky.

I know you will miss your friend.

Thanks for sharing with us. Very lovely guy and also the sender.

Caroln

Thanks for sharing. I'm smiling and crying, I would love to have met this amazing man.

God Bless

Truely wonderful, the mans a star

I shall toast Old Boris with my next glass of wine

PJ :D