Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Ally

SHOES GLORIUS SHOES!

Hello forum,

While I was in the Eastern Transvaal, I found a place that makes the most awesome leather walking boots and shoes. The leather is soft - good quality and the inners are leather as well, instantly comfortable, the soles are bouncy (2 kinds of rubber tread), they are water proof, hand made, and designed to walk forever through the African bush.

I bought a pair and I am going to be a customer for life. I swear. Especially when I asked them about amputees and shoes.

I always wear the left shoe out way before I do the right one, so I have NEVER spent any decent money on quality shoes. It just burns my butt to do that.

However......they have sold me THREE SHOES! Two for my left foot (the real one), and one for the right prosthetic foot.

They are even willing to sell ONE shoe to an amputee. They export to Canada, Europe, Australia....can't remember exactly. But people, this are KILLER shoes! I am going to be walking in them for at least the next 10 years.

Check it out...

Rogue Shoes

These guys are more than willing to accommodate our needs, or am I the only amputee who needs 3 shoes? :huh:

Let me know what you think....I am over the moon. All the people I used to know who hand made leather shoes buggered off into the mountains to ponder or something. Just vanished.

Here's a sample...mine are slightly shorter boots and dark tan.

rogue1.jpg

They have a couple of different designs, including one that looks like an ankle riding boot. So nice. The softest leather. I bought mine, and then went marching off merrily for the WHOLE day doing some sight seeing.

Yippee!!!!

Shoes at last!

:D

They look really well-made, comfortable shoes & they sound a very 'accomodating' company too! :) The head gear doesn't look to bad either! :) What are the prices like Ally?

Lizzie

Lizzie, for the quality I thought they were very reasonable. They range from South African Rands 350 to about SAR 800. Convert that to any foreign currency, and you probably have a reasonably priced shoe that will last you almost a lifetime.

The ones I bought were just under SAR500. Not sure what the pound exchange rate is right now, but converted to American dollars, that's well under $100, plus I would imagine the shipping and import duties to get them to the overseas shops.

Nice job Ally they look great :D

There's a Rogue shop in Oz, Cat....

Where does it say Oz Ally?.....I can only see new Zealand

The shoes look great, Ally. Is your foot set to accomodate the heel?

Where does it say Oz Ally?.....I can only see new Zealand

Sorry Cat, there I go putting my expensive foot in it again. Kind of like confusing Canada and the States......apologies.

Is your foot set to accomodate the heel?

Not really. The foot I have is pretty flat right now and the heel is very slightly elevated on the shoe. But I have put a sock under the prosthetic toe for the moment and it's fine. My prosthetist is going to show me how to change the angle of the foot very slightly so I can wear flat flat shoes, and ones like the Rogues.

LOVE MY SHOES.

:) :)

The ones I bought were just under SAR500.
That's about £43.80, which is very reasonable for a good pair of leather shoes. I found this link which offers free shipping - not sure if that's worldwide shipping & I'm not sure if they're the same Rogue shoes (Ally?).

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie, I will let you know...

Ally