Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Muz

Grow your own limbs healing hope

I saw this yesterday and though it looked interesting:

Grow your own limbs healing hope

Apparently a team from Manchester Uni are investigating why some animals are able to regenerate new body parts, the hope being that people will eventually be able to do this. It won't make much difference to us today but it could help people in the future.

Thanks for that great article Muz.

It would be amazing if they were to come up with the science to regenerate limbs. As you say, the results of this research are a long way off, but what a discovery if they do! :)

Oh, to be a frog. <_< :blink:

I don't know, Afet. It's not easy being green.... B)

I knew this topic would spawn a few comments from some of us that are a tad funny!! :lol: :lol: :blink:

Uh-oh, just wait til Marcus jumps in... <_< :P

I've read about this in the past. And I am going to take a giant leap of faith here and say something which I hope isn't going to spark a flaming thread.

Can you begin to imagine how many animals are going to be experimented on to achieve this.......????? :(

Where does it end? If we (as females) are wearing mascara that has come from countless bunnies (who have no tear ducts) and beagles who have had their eye balls burned out by acid.....eish, my heart hurts.

I don't know how to feel about this. Looking at the end result, it's all buttercups and roses. But at what price?

Ally

Oh my, to think that one day future generations may be able to experience such a miracle. :D You know, if a lobster (a seafood well known here) loses his claw, he too, can grow another one back in its place. There must be an answer here somewhere and I for one, hope the scientist continue on until they have found it!

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

When I first saw this I knew someone would res pond

since that time that Muz convinced her to kiss him

Allright................I admit it!!!!!! He's no prince, but.....it was worth the warts! ;)

Linda