Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
globalhegemon

Mabuhay!

Let me be among the first to greet y'all MABUHAY!

I'm Rey, a 26-year-old disability advocate working in the business district of the Philippines (Makati). Would love to have some networking because I'm thinking of establishing (or jump-starting) a social network for amputees in our country where social tolerance of discrimination and unequal opportunities against people with disabilities are still unabated.

I have a cousin in the countryside who's an amputee due to a vehicular accident since she was a teen, and right now she's doing Ok in the overall, especially with life being one and donning a prosthesis (although it's very obvious with her that she only doffs it when she takes a bath and that's just 30 minutes in 24 hours). Also, I have some friends here who are amps too. Thing is, here in our country, amps here are not a common sight, having an active lifestyle as one is still not yet a thing for them; most still wallow in self-pity because society does not even give a rat's arse on their needs.

But I hope hat things will change, especially for the PWD sector in general, and particularly the amputees here. There's no formal organization here in our country (unlike in the US and Europe) where I could volunteer my time just to uplift the spirit of the said people.

Hope to have a fruitful stay here in the forums. :)

Hi Rey & welcome from australia, hope you find everything you need here I'm certain you will.

Melissa

Hi Rey & welcome from australia, hope you find everything you need here I'm certain you will.

Melissa

Thanks for the welcome! Will do find a lot of info to be able to at least put the foundation in organizing amputees.

I hope it won't be a disservice if I being an "abled" one is the one doing the legwork in slowly raising issues specific to amputees in our country...just because I think our leaders are not really doing a good job in addressing such issues. <_<

</end of semi-political rant here>

Welcome Rey. All the best with your efforts.....it's such a necessary thing. I'm from South Africa and things aren't much better here....

Enjoy your stay,

Ally

G'day from Australia Rey.....good luck with what you are doing

Cat

Welcome, Ray. Best of luck in your endeavor.

Great big "hello" from the USA, Rey! :D

Welcome to our forum. I sure you find just about everything on any subject here.

It seems if one person doen't have answer then some one else will.

The disabled people of Philippines (Makati) is really blessed to have you as an advocate!

Patti

Welcome Rey, I too am from the USA!! May I wish you the best, as you take on this special act of kindness, towards helping the people in your country. :D

Sheila lbk

post-12-1130025809.gif

Hello Rey:

I applaud your efforts and intents.

here in our country, amps here are not a common sight

I have noticed this in Cuba and other islands in the Carribean on my trips.

I might even say the same for Canada.

ED

Hi Rey, welcome to you and good luck, I hope you are successful in your venture.

Thank y'all! Been a long time since I last posted here. Too much preoccupied with work demands since our company is still in its early stages, but despite this I still have the amputees' interests on top of my mind if I get back to the disability movement (assuming I ain't busy).

Since I'm here, lemme greet you the best of the Christmas season and lots of success in the coming year! :)

From the Philippines and its different languages/dialects:

Bicolano - Masaganang Ba-gong Taon!

Cebuano - Bulahang Bag-ong Tuig!

Ilocano - Naragsak nga Baro nga Tawen!

Pampango - Masayang Bayung Banua!

Sambal - Masayang Ba-yon Taon!

Surigaonon - Sanan bag-on tuig!

Tagalog - Manigong Bagong Taon!

Waray-Waray - Mainuswagon nga Bag-o nga Tuig!

Hoping that plans for organizing the amps here in the Philippines would become a reality...just some initiative as I have contacts already with some amps, including my own relatives who are amps as well...

Hoping for the best of 2006! :)

Welcome Global from beautiful Canada.

You'll find great people here, and hopefully we can help you with all and any questions.

Lynne

Welcome Global from beautiful Canada.

You'll find great people here, and hopefully we can help you with all and any questions.

Lynne

Thanks for the welcome dumbarton although I've been a member here for quite sometime now -- just that I'm inactive due to too much pressure from work and my own sickness (just recovered from bronchitis). might immerse myself here as well, have posted a new topic in the General Forum. :)