Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
eddie103

ACA Conference 2006

Worked great Amy awesome job :D

Amy.

Thanks for the information.... That was really nice. Very helpful. When I handed it to my husband he said, GREAT.....he is always a little hesitant about where we might find places to eat...That should definitely answer any questions that he might have.

I am passing your information along to a friend that lives in New Jersey who is planning on going to the conference as well...I know that she will be thrilled to see it. Again, thank you.....you have been a wealth of information. It's nice to be in touch with someone who already knows the lay of the land and can give little tidbits of information.....

As for the wheel chairs, well, at least the mall has one.. I realize that the malls here close to home are NOTHING compared to the Mall of America, but they wouldn't even begin to think about providing chairs for their shoppers...

I checked out the links to the Harley dealers and there are a couple that we will be coming by on our way in.. Thanks again....

I am really looking forward to this conference....and meeting you...

Hubby is pretty much going.... Oh, God....look out Minneapolis........ :D

Higgy

Marcus! I hope you are going cause you crack me up!!! :lol:

Hibby, thanks. I'm glad it'll be helpful.

I Can't Wait! I am soooo excited to see all the different products I've been reading about in person. I need a new prosthesis and am afraid of trying anything new.

Amy

I better hurry and get my room reservations before you take them all. Rooms go fast and shower chairs go faster. There are usually backup hotels, but when I went to Nashville, the backup hotel was at the bottom of a 30 degree hill from the main hotel. As a new amputee, it was almost impossible to go up and down that darn hill.

If you need shower chairs or special assistive devices, let the hotel know when you book. I've can personally endorse the Xerosox. I used it on vacation this fall and it worked quite well. No need for crutches or shower chairs.

"Rooms go fast and shower chairs go faster"

Wow.....30 degree hill.I bet that shower chair went real fast :lol:

Wow.....30 degree hill.I bet that shower chair went real fast :lol:

Reminds me of last xmas and the office chair races down our driveway :P

If that's the case I'll bring a rope - that way you guys can lower me down then pull me up OK B) :P B)

How about a big elastic band? :D

I'd almost pay to see that :lol: :lol:

Cool Mel I'll start looking for one big enough :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to meet you guys :D What a trip this is gonna be!

I've never been to an ACA conference. Not that I'm not interested, just seems like I'm always saving up for something else, but maybe this year I'll go?

Who do I need to contact about possibly doing a wheelchair fencing demo/clinic at the ACA conference this year?

Mario aka pogo

Who do I need to contact about possibly doing a wheelchair fencing demo/clinic at the ACA conference this year?

Mario aka pogo

ACA at (888) 267-5669 and they will direct you to the right person.

Hello gang! I missed the convention last year, the money just fell through when the time came to go...but this year I might make it. :P

We just found out my husband is being transferred from Utah to NY and we will quite possibly be moving cross country in JUNE.....heading thru MO to see relatives, then maybe head north to meet up with you guys...that would be SUCH a kick. (with my good leg...) ;)

I cant wait to get my shirt! How about someone just set some guidelines....like it has to be a certain color shirt, and then everyone gets to pick what kind of letters they use? I will have my hubby and four kiddos along (ages 5-14) so it will be doubly fun for me to meet you guys AND introduce my family to this other, extended family I hide online. :rolleyes:

Johnny....I cant wait to pick your brain about the amputee support groups in the Albany area....and prosthetists too....I knew, when we got the call, that I had 'NY connections' already that I could count on. ;)

I look forward to June....you guys are priceless. You were there for me in all my pre-surgery research time, three years ago, and have continued to be here, making me laugh and keeping me informed.

Judy

Utah (for now)

LBK