Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dancingfool

Illinois Support Group

Hi,

To be honest I don't really know of any, but I'm sure they exist. For example, I would assume there's one through RIC, Northwestern's rehab. Besides them, I'm here....in Chicago & for support if you need some. :D

Linda

I am not familiar with any of them myself, but here are the Illinois Amputee Support Groups posted on the ACA web site:

http://www.amputee-coalition.org/support_g...?state=Illinois

H.A.F.F.

(708)983-4524

haffvalle@yahoo.com

Albany

Illinois/Iowa Amputee Support Group

(309)887-5114

mushfroglion@yahoo.com

Champaign

East Central Illinois Amputee Support Gp

Chicago

Children's Amputee and Limb Deficiency

(312)238-8478

Meeting Location Varies

Chicago

FAIM Connection

(888)641-3246

ljohnson383@msn.com

http://www.faimonline.org

Chicago

Unlimbited Potential Amputee Support

The Rehab Inst of Chicago

(312)238-1160

dkyllo@ric.org

Meeting Location Varies

or contact Susan Tipton of the ACA at 1-888-267-5669 ext. 8132 or by emailing her at stipton@amputee-coalition.org

Please let me know how you do with finding a support group. Thanks! :)

Hi,

To be honest I don't really know of any, but I'm sure they exist. For example, I would assume there's one through RIC, Northwestern's rehab. Besides them, I'm here....in Chicago & for support if you need some. :D

Linda

I don't know if we're allowed to be out on the town at the same time. We'd raise h*ll. Thanks everybody. I did do a search but was hoping for someone who might have experience with one in my area. Thanks again.

Hi,

To be honest I don't really know of any, but I'm sure they exist. For example, I would assume there's one through RIC, Northwestern's rehab. Besides them, I'm here....in Chicago & for support if you need some.  :D

Linda

I don't know if we're allowed to be out on the town at the same time. We'd raise h*ll.

Never mind the support, give it 5 minutes and I bet you would both want to go shopping :lol: :lol:

Never mind the support, give it 5 minutes and I bet you would both want to go shopping :lol: :lol:

Sigh. This shows you don't know me, A.B. Baby. I would want to go drinking and dancing.

don't know if we're allowed to be out on the town at the same time. We'd raise h*ll.

At least we're on the same page here. ;) Going out, downing a few & dancing....that's the kind of support I can offer. Prefer the neighboring waterhole to the hustle of crowded clubs. Plus you don't have to pay $10 a beer & get overly dressed to go out & raise a bit of hell! Doesn't necessarily solve problems, but it does tend to take your mind off of it. ;)

Linda

All right, Muz what should you do if you don't dance and you don't drink? :o B)

I am in Michigan but in a city only 1.30 min. away from Chicago. Actually my oldfaithful was made at the RIC, but I didn't know about the suport group there. Wow! B)

Take up knitting??

Hell yeah - there are a good few reasons to become a knit wit....

I found this in a local mag this afternoon....

By Pieter van Zyl

Knitting, that craft usually associated with grannies, has changed my life. I'm happy to report I'm in good company. Celebs including actors David Arquette, Jennifer Aniston and Daryl Hannah, Spice Girl Geri Halliwell and even the bad boy of rap, Snoop Dogg, have been caught knitting, while megastar Julia Roberts has been clicking away with her needles for at least the past five years. Any guy who dares laugh at me and call me a sissy had better watch out. Russell "The Gladiator" Crowe also knits.

Hah!

But I am following the fair warning from my friend, Pat. She is the only person I know who managed to sprain her wrist while learning to knit.

So clearly, it's not for me....

:P