Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dumbarton

Shopping

Hi everyone: I hope this doesn't sound like a "silly & stupid" question. Probably only Canadians can answer this "ED?"

I need to go Christmas shopping on crutches <_< . I was wondering if there is any kind of service for someone to come shopping with me, mostly to carry stuf.

I've looked inthe yellow pages for "shopper's" and can't find anything.

PS: My husband hates shopping, and I know it will just be a big argument if I took him :angry: plus I can't buy his stuff if he comes. Same with my 2 children.

Hope you don't find this a "stupid" question.

Lynne

Lawdy lawd Lynne - these are things we tend to forget about. The joys hey?

Do you guys have baby sitting services? Because if you do, and they are students, it might sound a bit odd, but if they're paid the same rates, maybe they would do it for you....

Jeez, I never thought about that before. :angry:

Hope you find someone...

Ally

Good Idea Ally: Never thought of that, I'll check it out thou.

Thanks Luv

Lynne

Lynne

Theres never a stupid question, dancingfool is right for the in the US, but I dont know about there. I wish I could help. Maybe a close friend could help you, you can ride in your wheelchair. I hope this helps. I hope your doing better, been thinking about you!

Lesley

Some stores and malls here have slectronic shopping cart you ride and they have a basket to place your items. Maybe these are availanle in your area.

Lynne--

The motorized shopping cart is great! I have 2x the pleasure shopping with those carts. They are so easy to use. Hopefully, you drive them better than I do. "Watch out world! Here I come to do my X-mas shopping!!! :P :lol:

I hope you can find something like that to help you!

Patti

Hi Lynne

Think in the UK there is an org. called "shopping Angels" but probably thats not much use to you in Canada.

Anyway good luck with the shopping, I went last week and borrowed a shopmobility scooter that are available here, wonderful inventions, got a bit overloaded though !!

Ann

Thanks guys for all your suggestions, they were great. We have a "Walmart" here that has those riding carts, but I can't figure out how to get my shopping from the store to my truck??

Amazing what "little" :o things we think of when we don't have our legs.

:D

Lynne

Why shop when you have a computer??? :D

All the stores you ever wanted online (I've shopped for beer in Woolowrths, Australia and had it delivered to a relative who only lives a few miles from the actual store).

As much beer or wine as you can drink (providing you buy it in the first place) and no worries about drink driving.

No idiots to get in your way (apart from the ones you love).

Disabled toilet facilities close by.

No heavy bags to carry.

Total Bliss B) :)

You know, at the risk of letting the side down, I have to admit.....I LOVE online shopping. It rocks!

Can't remember the last time I went to a big grocery store either - for a small fee (hell whatever - I'll pay) they deliver into my kitchen!

Awesome.

Ally

B)

Wow guys, stupid me!!!! I never even thought about shopping online?

:o :o :o :o :o

We shop online also, but you don't want to leave it too late for Christmas orders.

I regularly order groceries online, however last year had a near disaster, had ordered my Christmas groceries some weeks before (to get a delivery date) and then a couple of days before it was due decided to add some goods to it. Bad decision. Something went down whilst altering the shopping list which mean't I couldn't sign out again, and I ended up losing it. Turned out ok though as had left a day so went out and bought the food.

Ann

If you shop at Walmart they provide disabled assistance. To both shop and take to the car. A very good friend of mine told me this a few years ago. As I live in England I can only say that the same applies to ASDA which is Walmart owned in the UK

ps most of the UK stores do assisted shopping. The big named stores will even let you store purchases until you are ready to return to your car and then they will take them for you. Debenhams even has a delivery service!!!!!!!!

Sorry anorak of the year but I have been doing this sort of shopping for five years and have got to know a few tricks.

Rachel

Thought I would post an update about on-line shopping.

I ordered from the grocer - including 1 frozen chicken, and specified the approximate cost of R25.00. Which should give me (theoretically) 1 medium to large size bird.

They've just delivered - oh the joys of on-line shopping!

I am sitting here wondering what the hell I am going to do with 25 frozen chickens. Seems I got all blonde and ordered a QUANTITY of 25, instead of a COST of 25. :huh:

Eish - what's everyone doing for Christmas lunch?

What time would you like us Ally. Oh and by the way, no sprouts for me please

If I could stop laughing long enough, I'd say never mind it's easily done :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sitting here wondering what the hell I am going to do with 25 frozen chickens. Seems I got all blonde and ordered a QUANTITY of 25, instead of a COST of 25.

How on earth did you manage that one?! :D Thanks Ally, you've really cheered me up!!! :D :D

Lizzie :D

What time would you like us Ally. Oh and by the way, no sprouts for me please

If I could stop laughing long enough, I'd say never mind it's easily done :lol: :lol: :lol:

You bring the ale and I'll bring my pom poms!

I'd love to join you Ally but unfortunately I've got to work on Xmas Day :( 12hour shift and overnight on call. Just me and my workmate all alone in a drafty transmitter hall in the wilds of Dorset making sure the BBC World Service reaches the parts of the world nobody else wants to ... sob sob sob!!!

OK MARCUS : Can't wait for the ride of my life :D

Just let me know when you'll be here, the only problem I can foresee is HOW DO WE CARRY ALL THE PACKAGES ON THE BIKE. :D :D

:P :P :P

:huh::rolleyes:

:blink::blink::blink:

I'd love to join you Ally but unfortunately I've got to work on Xmas Day :( 12hour shift and overnight on call. Just me and my workmate all alone in a drafty transmitter hall in the wilds of Dorset making sure the BBC World Service reaches the parts of the world nobody else wants to ... sob sob sob!!!

We'll bring the party to you. We'll wear matching boots and shake our pom poms, Muz . Ally can too. ;) <_<

Who say's that people who have gone down rough roads can't find life and laughter again. Thanks Ally for supplying the laughs this time. I'm sure that is going to be someone else's turn next time. (I know I've supplied my share from time to time).

That is called, laughing WITH - instead of AT.