Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Woodstock79

A New Start

Congratulations, Diane. What a feeling!

Hi Diane,

Congratulations on getting your new leg, with an attidude like yours there'll be no stopping you!

Congrats Diane on your new leg. Tommorrow is going to be a great day for you. I know therapy is just another 1st under you belt. Keep up the good work!

Patti

Hi Ed,

The feelings I have for the young man that hit me are so turbulant that I am not sure if I can put them into words, but I will try.

* "She was a stupid Bit*h for being on the road", is how he described me after taking the life of my horse and my leg. Well, excuse me for riding down my very country road, excuse me for being stopped on the side of that road, but most of all, excuse me sir for flagging you down when you were doing almost 55 mph in a 40 mph zone!

* I will bet my life that he was playing chicken with me the exact same way he did with my elderly neighbor a few days before when he made the same mistake of trying to get this particular speeding 22 year old male to slow down before he hurt someone.

A bit prophetic, huh?

*When the state police that took the report asked this individual what happened, he claimed that "sun-glare" made it impossible to see me. Sun glare. I was on a straight road, there is no obstruction at all that would impeed his ability to see me, and believe it or not, just before he hit us, our eyes met. He was not surprised, he was determined.

Hate. I like the word, but since I have discovered that he will not be charged criminally, and he has nothing I can sue for, hate just seems so mild.

I know Ed you were in a way joking, and yes I do hate people that have so mony other things going on that they cannot keep their eyes on the road while they are in a machine that easily takes lives and limbs (ask me about my 2 friends that were hit 3 days later and have also lost limbs sometime), but as you can see this bit of inconvience that I have experienced is still very new and I am a little bitter I guess.

I enjoy reading all of your posts. You make me laugh.

Take care,

Diane

Diane

I can't believe that he is not going to be charged with anything. That just makes NO sense to me.

When I had my car accident, my hubby was driving. I was the only one injured in the accident. He was charged with reckless and negligent driving!

That's just wrong.

Ally

:angry:

Thanks Ally for your support. No, he isn't being charged. Apparently, in Pennsylvania if you are riding a horse you are considered a vehicle. I have been riding most of my 44 years and I have never heard this little bit of news until after I came home from the hospital. I was on the wrong side of the road according to the police and therefore neither of us will be charged. The wrong side is the side facing traffic. The side that allows you to see what is coming at you in case your horse might spook (Buzz was a very spooky horse, he would spook at the wind). I don't understand how they can classify a rider and horse as a vehicle. It just doesn't make sense to me. That is one of the laws here in Pennsylvania I would like to change. I also found another bit of interesting news, had I been intoxicated I would not have been considered a vehicle. Stupid isn't it?