How do you shower

What do you use when you shower  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use when you shower

• Bath board
    • Sit on chair
    • Water leg
    • Other

At the risk of sounding self promoting, here is what I have been using for over eight years. It works for me. (Yes, this is my web site, and leg in the picture.)

Shower Protector

After my shower, I sit down, take my leg off and wash my stump with a wet cloth powder it, put a clean sock on and I'm on my way.

I'm full of admiration for you JimT... you had a problem and did something about it... there should be more people like you...

I'm a RBK and originally had been using a shower seat - for about 8 years up until I went off to college. I decieded to leave it behind. Managed to get through 4 years with just a bar to hold on to if I needed. After college I didn't even have that. I've been just resting my stump either against the wall of the shower or on the little soap tray in there.

Getting out I have my toilet just outside the shower, so I always keep a washcloth on there and I just put my stump on it and then swing my left leg out onto the floor.

... you had a problem and did something about it...

Thank you for your comments. What's that old saying? "Necessity is the mother of invention". I just wanted to be able to stand in the shower again.

You have a great day.

... you had a problem and did something about it...

Thank you for your comments. What's that old saying? "Necessity is the mother of invention". I just wanted to be able to stand in the shower again.

You have a great day.

...and you need a bit of attitude don't you Jim... ;)

...and you need a bit of attitude don't you Jim... ;)

Absolutely. Ones attitude is the basis for everything. Two people can look at exactly the same circumstance, one with depression, and one with determination. The only difference is their attitude. Nothing else has changed - until one changes it.

An Attitude of Gratitude will carry one a long way.

Today I'm grateful for many things, among them all of you friends on this, and other forums, that I can exchange ideas with of a common nature.

Enjoy today. As we get older, we look upon this as the best day of the rest of our lives, (physically speaking) But you younger ones wouldn't know what I was saying - yet.

Again - Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - everywhere.