Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA's 2003 13th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

2002adflag2.gif:wub:You must vote before checking totals; otherwise you forfeit your vote.

Let's get with it folks.

Not much time left.

Heather will be attending.

I will be attending.

You should be attending.

Hope to see you there.

I wish I could be there but unfortunetly I am not going to be able to make it. I will start saving my pennies so that next year I can make it to TN.

To all that will be in attendance have a great time and let us know how it was.

Brenda

P.S... Going would have made a great b-day present since my b-day is july 2nd.

Hi,

Connecticut will be represented. I will be attending the Peer Certification training on Sunday - still trying to attend more.

Everyone, please check out the website - you will see that it is not an "all or nothing" -- you can attend all or part of the event. Anyone else from CT going? This event is not in our area (New England) frequently.

Please don't miss this opportunity! Also, as a former Bostonian, I can tell you, if you are holding back because someone is coming with you wondering "What am I going to do" the options are endless and the Fireworks display is phenomenal!

The ACA has organized it so you can be as busy with the convention as you want, or pick and choose on a daily basis what activities most interest you.

Let us hear who is going so we can say Hello.

WA

For all those that are going to the ACA conference I hope you have a great time be safe and let us know how it was. I also hope you are able to meet each other. I wish I could be there but maybe next year when it's in TN.

Brenda

The conference is over we want to know details on how it was. Did any of you that went get to meet each other? Did you find a lot of new technology out there?

Brenda

Hi,

I was able to get to the Convention for Saturday and took the Peer Visitor Training Course on Sunday -- Certification, etc to be mailed, but am looking forward to visiting in hospitals, etc.

Did see Johnnyv and was fun to meet people I've been emailing for info for my Support Group. The comraderie, support, enthusiasm of each and every person I met is palpable. I had never experienced anything like it in my life.

Physically, mentally & emotionally - I had never before pushed it all to the limit as I did these last few days. I am giving myself a Gold Medal for the Extreme Brenda Award! :D

Please all start saving for the next convention -- it is not to be missed.

When I walked in my house Sunday night I headed for the bed and just slept for 3 hrs (too tired to even doff my leg!).

Yesterday I was only awake maybe 8 hours and am today trying to get some things done. It was a great sense of pride & accomplishment exhaustion. We amputees are a strong and resilient folk.

Special thanks to Johnnyv. I came home with so much information to process and Johnnyv was there everyday so I know you'll be hearing from him when he has decompressed and has sorted through everything.

Thanks for asking about the convention. Remember I had asked about Travel Tips, etc? Boy have I stories to tell :blink: :( :D

Back later -- WA

Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: BACK from the ACA Conference in Boston

To: JohnnyV

X-Mailer: 8.0 for Windows sub 6014

X-Virus-Scanned: Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine

Original-recipient: JohnnyV

Hello Everyone...

Just a quick note on the Boston ACA Conference.

Seven (7) ASPIRE members in attendance:

Bala, Connie, Elfie, Johnny V., Joseph, Mally & Frank, Pat Guzzo

It was great. Over six hundred attendees; I think they broke an attendance record.

Great educational sessions on topics like...

...Technology

...pain

...diabetes

...Theatre Arts

...Parenting as an Amputee

...Resources for Independence

...Special sessions for BK & AK issues

...Gait analysis

...Veterans Issues

...Issues for Seniors

...Yoga & Balance

...Healthy Lifestyles

...Insurance Issues

...dancing for Fun & Fitness

And much, much more to choose from. Good entertainment and meals. Great hotel accommodations & service. Extremely informative vendors (60+) in the Exhibit Hall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard comments like...

"I have learned more in three (3) days than my previous 10 years as an amputee. I will be back."

"This is the best event I have ever been to; I hooked up with many amputees with great tips & techniques to take home.

I hope not to miss anymore of these conferences"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next year (2004)...August 5-7 in Nashville, TN BOOK IT!!

Charlie Steele

I was fortunate to attend the ACA Conference this year. I met such wonderful people, including Heather. I was amazed at the turnout and how friendly everyone was. Heather is an amazing woman whom I admire more than ever. B)