Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dell

Track

2004 was my last year of highschool and I have been on the Track and Field team for all 4 years. I always made it to OFSAA ( thats the best in ontairo) I alwayz got either silver or Bronze. I was pretty good I guess ( so i'm told) n e wayz... my last year I trainned everyday and I eat hea;lthy all the time. When it was time to go to OFSAA witch was held in Toronto I was so nervous. I was sure the other girls would beat me for sure. It didn't really help that it was the day after Prom and I was hung over lolz oops... Or that I was very sick. The only thing that was stopping me from getting gold was the 4 girls besie me. As i walked on to the track I heard everyone screaming and cheering for there runners. Than the last thing I hread was On your mark, Get Ste, BANG. I ran as fast as I could, the onle thing I saw was the finish line. I didn't know wut place I was in. I didn't know how far apart I was from the rest of the runners, I just full out ran. And the the next thing I new I was at the finish line and I turn around to see the other 4 girls cross the finish line. I wasn't sure If i was dreaming or not. But I won I was so happy. My whole team flodded the field to congratulate me. I was the happiest person in the world. To this day I still can't believe I won. :lol:

Well Done Dell, Great story. There is no better feeling than accomplishing something that we think difficult or impossible. Againg Congrats

Take care

Siobhan

Way to go Dell! That's quite an achievement. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ally

:)

Wow Dell you are really a great acheiver. That is so awesome.

Keep up your accomplishments.

Lesley

That's awesome Dell, you didn't give up, you are an inspiration, and you ended school with a great victory. You have great charactor and determination. :)