Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dancingfool

Entice me

we got it from you Poms in the first place

... and then returned it to us with interest (Neighbours, Rolf Harris, Skippy and Barry Humphreys), Possums ;) :P :lol:

Jodi, I know where the cutting edge of the prosthetics industry is...

In your local orthopaedic surgery :P

St.John's Newfoundland

Oldest city in North America with lots of historical sights, parks, local arts and theater, as well as lots of pretty houses down town.

There isn't a lot of crime and almost eveyone if friendly, we get deasent weather in the summer and the winter dispite popular belief isn't all that bad. The snow doens't get bad untill mid to late January.

If your artsy like me there are always diffrent shows and plays at the Arts and culture center and they're never over crowded. (Cats is playing in Febuary. :) )

There is Hockey, Basketball and Rugby which is very popular especally with the highschools. We have Mary Browns and she has the best legs in town (Fast food resturant chain that serves chicken)

If you like to pary we have Gorege steet which is a street down town with only bars...and all our bars bingo halls and resturants are smokefree.

Newfoundland is 30 minutes ahead of the rest of North America which is always fun especally when a particular book involving a teenage british wizard boy is released.

..and when you're in rehab getting your legs or arms fixed they give you free lunch. A very tasty one at that.

St. John's has pretty houses too..:P

gower.jpg

Hard to tell where to start here. . .

I live in the middle of Utah.  Its a beautiful place, and still empty enough to wander off and not see any people for a few days.  Within fifteen minutes drive, I can be on top of a mountain having a snowball fight or chasing lizards in a desert valley on the same day.  Within a few hours drive, there are excellent ski areas, huge lakes in the middle of the desert, the Bonneville Salt Flats, rafting on the Colorado river, or playing in Vegas.

The wildlife is nice too. . .a few nights ago I was standing on the porch when the cat brought a mouse up and started playing with it about 2 meters away from me.  Pretty soon a young mule deer walked up and was sniffing the cat almost within my arm's reach.  Later that same night, I listened to two bull elk bugling and heard their antlers crashing together as they fought. 

But they don't sell decent beer here  <_<

I was on my way there..... until the last line... :lol:

Southern England... all the seasons... hot in the summer, cold in the winter, beautiful autumn (fall) with the low crisp clear sunlight shining through the golden and red falling leaves, the new life of spring breaking through the late frosts of winter.

History going back as far as anywhere in the world in the land itself, evidence of our human past from Roman times and before within touch. Seiges, wars and human struggles from all of time are evident all around.

Within half an hour I can be on a golden beach (summer preferred), a stoney outcrop, a historical rocky focilised coast. Going another way I can be in the heart of London, with all that offers. In an hour or so, I can be getting lost on a mountain in Wales, or sitting outside a pub having a pork pie with english mustard whilst sipping a pint of Bishops Tipple and eyeing a game of cricket on the village green.

Why would anyone live anywhere else.

Newfoundland is 30 minutes ahead of the rest of North America which is always fun especally when a particular book involving a teenage british wizard boy is released.

You mean "Muz's Story?" ;)

Ok ok ok ok - so South Africa (with the highest violent crime and rape stats) doesn't sound as enticing as some other places.

But I ask you this : CAN THEY GIVE YOU CHICKEN?????

Aha! Thought not. B) Not in the same abundance that I can.

So come on over......

Ally

:)

Ok ok ok ok - so South Africa (with the highest violent crime and rape stats) doesn't sound as enticing as some other places.

But I ask you this : CAN THEY GIVE YOU CHICKEN?????

Aha! Thought not. B) Not in the same abundance that I can.

So come on over......

Ally

:)

Remember it's not just chicken. It's also the beer, pom poms and boots, oh my! If you don't get the reference anyone it's in another thread. Who's selecting the music?

Ian, don't give them too much encouragement. We get too many grockles down here at the best of times (including the one that had my leg) ;)

[

Remember it's not just chicken. It's also the beer, pom poms and boots, oh my! If you don't get the reference anyone it's in another thread.  Who's selecting the music?

Thought we had decided ... U2 are the chosen band. Now I remember the beer and pom pom's :D but where did the boots come from ?

Ian, don't give them too much encouragement. We get too many grockles down here at the best of times (including the one that had my leg) ;)

That's IOW speak isn't it?

Cat, you forgot to mention that Oz even has a "cultural Attache" Sir Les Patterson!

Muz, one thing worse than a grockle is a bunch of them in their grockle boxes holding up traffic.

Unfortunately I'm having to think long and hard about Detroit's attractions, maybe Metro Airport as you're leaving!

Hi DF....................

I love your choice of words......ENTICE. Maybe it's my Chicago attitude here ;) ,

But personally, I haven't been enticed. How bout you?

Linda

For me as a kid growing up in Essex in the sixties, America seemed the promise land, I remeber listing to the Doors and California dreaming, remember:

;) THE WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat)

I wanna tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat

Comes out of the Virginia swamps

Cool and slow with plenty of precision

With a back beat narrow and hard to master

Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance

Others, mean and ruthful of the Western dream

I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft

We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping

This is the land where the Pharaoh died

The Negroes in the forest brightly feathered

They are saying, "Forget the night.

Live with us in forests of azure.

Out here on the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned - immaculate."

Listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the heartache

I'll tell you 'bout the heartache and the lose of God

I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night

The meager food for souls forgot

I'll tell you 'bout the maiden with raw iron soul

I'll tell you this

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

I'll tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat

Soft drivin', slow and mad, like some new language

Now, listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the Texas

I'll tell you 'bout the Texas Radio

I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night

Wandering the Western dream

Tell you 'bout the maiden with raw iron soul

Now I reside in Mid Essex Danbury, I still dream of days gone past but for location I think I agree with 1BL, you have to go a long way to beat dear old blighty with all her problems!

PJ :)

PS If you have'nt played the Doors for a while give em a re-listen, timeless!

Hi DF....................

I love your choice of words......ENTICE. Maybe it's my Chicago attitude here ;) ,

But personally, I haven't been enticed. How bout you?

Linda

I've been enticed. Not by this thread!

Ian, don't give them too much encouragement. We get too many grockles down here at the best of times (including the one that had my leg)  ;)

That's IOW speak isn't it?

Pretty much anywhere along the south coast until you get to Cornwall when they become emmets (sp?) :)

Go on then DF please elaborate :D :D :lol:

Go on then DF please elaborate :D :D :lol:

If you're a good boy I'll tell you. It'll be a Christmas gift, might even include the photos!

Finally something that sounds enticing!!!!!!! Thanks DF for breathing a lil life into this forum. :D

Linda

Thanks, but it was doing fine without me. There's always the M&M boys.

Wouldn't characterize it as the cutting edge of the prosthetic industry, though! And, if anyone knows where that is, let me know!
Jodi, I know where the cutting edge of the prosthetics industry is...

In your local orthopaedic surgery

DF,

That's a knee-slapper! :lol:

Jodi

It was the motorbike :D I knew it would .. DF our very own Biker Babe

hold tight and scream if you want to go faster ;)

Uaually we want our men to go SLOWER! Did I say that out loud? Must keep thoughts to myself.