Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dancingfool

Entice me

Wouldn't characterize it as the cutting edge of the prosthetic industry, though! And, if anyone knows where that is, let me know!
Jodi, I know where the cutting edge of the prosthetics industry is...

In your local orthopaedic surgery

DF,

That's a knee-slapper! :lol:

Jodi

I think the knee slapper was from Muz. But you feel free to slap him wherever you want! But we'll call them love taps.

Hi:

Well my answer is CANADA!!!

I live in beautiful Calgary, Alberta. The home of the best Stampede in the whole of North America.

I'm 1 hour away from the Rockies, which we go to for brunch. Banff, what a gorgeous place.

You can't beat the beautiful Canadian Rockes. Ski, the best place in the world. Actually I've just signed up for a "ski" amputee club. We had the Olympics here in the late 80's.

We get the Chinook's, which are beautiful. It can be 40 below and then a beautiful Chinook rolls in, nothing better.

And to end, our BEER is the best.

Lynne

Never mind all of the above -- If you haven't been to Sheffield -- the home of STEEL and cutlery and "THE FULL MONTY" You've never lived ???

It's different now (after Thatcher) no steel works or steel workers, but still on the edge of the beautiful peak district -- all welcome. We can even get belgian beer on tap!!!

John

We can even get belgian beer on tap!!!

Must be a very long pipe ... maybe it's one of those reduntant gas lines ;) :P :lol:

... and be very careful mentioning that T word John it might come back like Dracula from the dead. It's certainly starting to look like him :lol:

Beautiful, Muz. Thanks for sending the pic.

You have hills AND snow in Lyme Regis?? I thought they were exclusive of oop north int peak districk.

Nice picture though

Muz--

What a scenic view! B) Thanks for sharing the picture with us... :)

Patti

I'm a bit late on this one but I'll try to entice you anyway.

Florida East coast, has beaches can watch the sunrise in the AM, drive two hrs to the west coast and watch the sunset, watch the space shuttle launch if you live in the area or take a short drive to the area, we have the Florida Keys, not to far from the Bahama's, we have great weather most of the time, we don't get snow in the winter months, you can do lots of stuff outside most of the year, wish I had pictures but I don't. If you move here move close to Orlando and then you could go to my CP who is the greatest. (no he doesn't pay me to say that)

Ian, don't give them too much encouragement. We get too many grockles down here at the best of times (including the one that had my leg) ;)

That's IOW speak isn't it?

Hi oneblueleg

Just interested you know about IOW speak, where are you from?

Ann

post-1957-1152713248_thumb.jpgHere you are look at this pic....WOW...lol....

post-1957-1152713248_thumb.jpgHere you are look at this pic....WOW...lol....

You are supposed to entice me with words. Not pics. I'm not that kind of girl. Usually!

I'm interested in what makes your city special and what would entice me to move there.

Bel Air and Malibu, hmmm...

1) Ummm, duh, they pretty much speak for themselves. B)

2) Some of the most beautiful scenery, ocean views, estates, people, cars, you name it on this planet (and I own homes in the Hamptons, Capri Italy, and Provance). :)

3) I ALWAYS see at least one movie star at the local Whole Foods, Best Buy, or Gas Station.

4) Not a "Red" state. :P

5) Gorgeous cars like: Ferrari Enzo's, Porsche Carrera GT's, Bentley's, and Lamborghini's are common place. (I once saw 5 Bentley Continental GT's, a classic Ferrari and a Rolls Royce Phantom on a 3min drive east on Sunset to Hombly Hills Park!) :blink:

6) Some of the best surfing in the world, not to mention MTBing, cycling, triathlon, sailing, hiking, and anything else you could desire.

7) Progressive thinking (at least more than the rest of the country and even the world), no offence.

8) Less than a mile from the Getty Museum, Rodeo Drive, UCLA, and Diddy Reece (you'd have to come to Westwood to understand).

9) Cold winter means 58 degrees F. B)

10) If you in the mood for some Crack, Meth, or just a "nighttime companion," the Sunset Strip is only a few miles east. ROFL :lol: :blink::ph34r:

Of course all of this comes at a price... be prepared to pay $4.00 for a gallon of gas, be prepared to be cut off and given the finger by a 16-year old Paris Hilton wannabe driving a $100,000 BMW and listening to Pop-drivel on her Ipod, and a small 2-bedroom apt. can easily run $4000-$5000. :blush::angry:

I could go on, but I thought I'd just post a few, true but humorous.

P.S. Watch L.A. Story, a very accurate portrayal of life in the up-scale neighborhoods of Los Angeles.

2) Some of the most beautiful scenery, ocean views, estates, people, cars, you name it on this planet (and I own homes in the Hamptons, Capri Italy, and Provance). :)

3) I ALWAYS see at least one movie star at the local Whole Foods, Best Buy, or Gas Station.

5) Gorgeous cars like: Ferrari Enzo's, Porsche Carrera GT's, Bentley's, and Lamborghini's are common place. (I once saw 5 Bentley Continental GT's, a classic Ferrari and a Rolls Royce Phantom on a 3min drive east on Sunset to Hombly Hills Park!) :blink:

6) Some of the best surfing in the world, not to mention MTBing, cycling, triathlon, sailing, hiking, and anything else you could desire.

7) Progressive thinking (at least more than the rest of the country and even the world), no offence.

8) Less than a mile from the Getty Museum, Rodeo Drive, UCLA, and Diddy Reece (you'd have to come to Westwood to understand).

10) If you in the mood for some Crack, Meth, or just a "nighttime companion," the Sunset Strip is only a few miles east. ROFL :lol: :blink::ph34r:

Of course all of this comes at a price... be prepared to pay $4.00 for a gallon of gas, be prepared to be cut off and given the finger by a 16-year old Paris Hilton wannabe driving a $100,000 BMW and listening to Pop-drivel on her Ipod, and a small 2-bedroom apt. can easily run $4000-$5000. :unsure::angry:

P.S. Watch L.A. Story, a very accurate portrayal of life in the up-scale neighborhoods of Los Angeles.

Don't forget Fatburger. Too bad Benny's in MDR closed down.

-m-

Of course all of this comes at a price... be prepared to pay $4.00 for a gallon of gas, be prepared to be cut off and given the finger by a 16-year old Paris Hilton wannabe driving a $100,000 BMW and listening to Pop-drivel on her Ipod, and a small 2-bedroom apt. can easily run $4000-$5000. :unsure::angry:

OK - I'm enticed - any job offers, anyone?!?

RozM. B)

No!! it's not for me thankyou!!. You cant beat the warm sunny days in West Yorkshire, not that we get that many of them!! but the countryside is something else when the weather is fine :)