Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dumbarton

New Devotee Site

Helen, may I just say, you obvisiously have your devoted opinion, of your devotees and that's your right. However, I'm not aware of anyone here that came to you trying to sell a bunch of B S, so why are you here trying to sell your devotee's B S on us??? We are going to believe what we want, such as you do and you or no one else is going to convince those of us, who don't want to be, that these freaking weirdos belong on here or anywhere, IMHO! I say this with all good intent, that most here have seemed to be quite contented with the way this forum has been running, for some time now, but if you're not, well..............

I will bother you no more with my time, only b/c I have more important things to do with it. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

'DEVOTEE DATING CRITERIA

Good - SWF, long blond hair, blue eyes, pretty face, 5'3", 100 lbs dripping wet.

Better - All of the above, plus she's intelligent, kind, and has a good career.

Best - All of the above, plus she's SAK. '

I think you sound like the ultimate dev magnet.........

Helen, may I just say, you obvisiously have your devoted opinion, of your devotees and that's your right. However, I'm not aware of anyone here that came to you trying to sell a bunch of B S, so why are you here trying to sell your devotee's B S on us??? We are going to believe what we want, such as you do and you or no one else is going to convince those of us, who don't want to be, that these freaking weirdos belong on here or anywhere, IMHO! I say this with all good intent, that most here have seemed to be quite contented with the way this forum has been running, for some time now, but if you're not, well..............

I will bother you no more with my time, only b/c I have more important things to do with it. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Reread the above thread if you don't think someone was peddling BS long before my arrival. I'm apparently one of the few posting on this thread who has even engaged in actual communication with a dev. It is my opinion, based on my REAL experiences. What is your opinion based on?

What makes you think I'm not content with HMM? I just saw a dark corner and tried to shed a little light, that's all. I love a good exchange of ideas with people who don't see things exactly as I do--the world (and this forum) would be a pretty boring place if we all thought alike. Was I mistaken to think y'all wanted to have a little real experience mixed in with all the rumors?

I believe you when you say that no one is going to convince you of anything--you've made that quite clear. Me, I like to keep an open mind. Our differences make the world a more interesting place, don't you think?

'DEVOTEE DATING CRITERIA

Good - SWF, long blond hair, blue eyes, pretty face, 5'3", 100 lbs dripping wet.

Better - All of the above, plus she's intelligent, kind, and has a good career.

Best - All of the above, plus she's SAK. '

I think you sound like the ultimate dev magnet.........

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But apparently, for many a discriminating dev, all my wonderful qualities have not been enough to make them want to pull up stakes and move to Houston. Guess I didn't have the total package... just the missing limb part.

Thank you Helen for your insight and your opinions.

It is always good to see both sides of any topic.

As far myself, I have never posted on any of these Devotees and Fetishists sites.

Why, I do not need to post, I am a very happily married man.

But I have looked at some of these sites, some appear to be alright, some are way out there!

But when you search the amputee sites, some appear to be alright, some are way out there also!

Again, thank you for your insight and your opinions!

I will bother you no more with my time, only b/c I have more important things to do with it.  :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling  :)

Reread the above thread if you don't think someone was peddling BS long before my arrival. I'm apparently one of the few posting on this thread who has even engaged in actual communication with a dev. It is my opinion, based on my REAL experiences. What is your opinion based on?

What makes you think I'm not content with HMM? I just saw a dark corner and tried to shed a little light, that's all. I love a good exchange of ideas with people who don't see things exactly as I do--the world (and this forum) would be a pretty boring place if we all thought alike. Was I mistaken to think y'all wanted to have a little real experience mixed in with all the rumors?

I believe you when you say that no one is going to convince you of anything--you've made that quite clear. Me, I like to keep an open mind. Our differences make the world a more interesting place, don't you think?

Ladies - please. Let's keep the bitterness and acrimony among ourselves on the PM and not bring the rest of us into it. Disagreeing is one thing - disagreeing, disagreeably is another.

I can't believe how much attention has been given to this one group, who aren't even a part of our group.

This is starting to sound like an army reunion group that I just resigned from because of mass email such as this going back and forth.

Like Cat, this is the last time I intend to post on this thread. I have better things to do with my time, and believe that I can be more supportive and productive on the postive posts, and not these negative ones. This started out to be a help to one person, and has escalated into a free-for-all.

If anyone cares to argue with me on this, please give the rest the courtesy of doing it on the PM.

Bloody hell Muz, thats discriminitive! What no roast chicken eating hobbits allowed on HMM!! :D

PJ

Pleeeeaaasssse... People. This needs to come to an end. It has turned into nothing more than a "flame". It is creating disharmony on this board and that is against forum policy.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. It's obvious that none of you are going to persuade or dissuade to or from. Let it be.

It has been mentioned somewhere above about the last time this subject was broached here. It tore a hole in this board and it took quite a while for things to get back to normal. We lost valuable contributing members for various reasons relating to the incident and I can see that happening again if this continues.

Folks, this is the internet. I don't care what kind of security measures are supposed to be in place, it is impossible to make this place pristine. We have over 1300 members. Look at at how many actually participate. You don't actually think that all the others are just shy amputees, do you? It's silly to cry that the sky is falling just because you are contacted by someone different. Just delete or ignore is the rule.

I joined this forum back in 2003. I believe I learned about it from Brenda on another forum we were members of. I don't post often, but read most everything that is put here. I learned quickly that my southeastern U.S. sense of humor didn't necessarily translate well worldwide. I decided to keep my mouth shut unless I could help and just listen for the most part. This place has been enormously helpful, informative, and entertaining.

When I first became an amp and started my internet search; I was like most you, apalled at what I found. But even on the legit amp help sites, there was always a section about devs, wannabes, etc, etc. I became convinced that whenever I went out in public, that I was creating a potential dev in every small child that looked at me; that everyone that looked at me for a second or two too long was a possible dev; and Lord forbid if anyone spoke to me or asked anything about my situation. I finally came to the conclusion that the whole world is not deviate in their thinking. To my knowledge, I haven't come across a dev, face to face, in my 5 plus years as an amp.

I have been contacted through the world wide web and have been propositioned and invited to join up. Where they got their information, I'm not really sure. I've been and am a member of several other forums.

Just remember that world wide means just that. Information flows. If you don't want it known, don't put it out there.

Stop the flaming and end this thread.

Kep

:blink:

Hi

When you ask for this to stop other people have asked the same request on Jan 5th of this year. On the same day the person that started this subject started another one on the same subject so that person must still feel very annoyed about this subject how do we stop it?.Most probably I am prolonging it by putting this posting.

Pat.

Hi Kep,

neither my Admin/Mod collegues or I have received any complaints from members regarding this thread. We can only act if we receive a complaint from a member that this thread is considered to be one that contraveans forum rules/policy.

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable or another user is behaving inappropriately is encouraged to contact the Administrators or one of the Moderators immediately by email. We have the ability to remove or edit objectionable messages and users and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if it is determine that removal is necessary. Please note that in any case, an official complaint made directly to the Admin/Moderating Team will be necessary for effective action to be taken, with regards to a complaint about a member or content posted.

Should any member consider that the contents/continuation of this thread be considered objectionable, or causing disharmony please email or pm myself or one of the Admin team with your complaint.

Thankyou

As...

Steve

We are closing this topic due to complaints received from forum members.

Continuation of this topic is discouraged and will be locked or deleted if it causes disharmony.

Thank you for your participation and co-operation.

The HMM Moderating Team