Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Ally

4x4 Wheelchair

I want one! B)

Tank Chair

OK, Ally

How about if I get one of these, you get the pros from Grind House. Then you can sit in my lap and we can clear a real path! :blink::blink:

Gil, I must admit when I first looked at the Tank my first thought was that I could have some serious fun with it. Must admit hadn't thought of Ally sitting on my lap :D

I did look for something like it over here and came up with this

Swedish made, auto gears, developed for disabled drivers and called 'Woodstar' and capable of 60mph.

Sparky

they make a beast called the Martin Conquest in your country. It's a paltry 21,000 quid, plain.

Take a look at it at: http://www.martinconquest.com/gallery/

I shouldn't have said that, Ally is a real lady. Just because she goes bashing about the countryside on 4-wheelers doesn't change that.

Anyway the Conquest is a RO/RO machine that accepts wheelchariots (my favorite term these days).

We could get a pair and terrorize the motorways! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now that is neat. If I ever get stuck in a wheel chair-iot, this would be the thing.

BTW, the Tank Chair folks have updated their auto-response to say that the price (when available) will be $18,000. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I think I'll stick with the Conquest, if I can get it here.

It was a good thought.

post-1850-1175815167_thumb.jpg

OK, guys/gals

This is the little monster in my garage. At least an older model. It is not wheel-chair friendly, but it does have hand controls and will float. :ph34r::ph34r:

I got this before the accident and have not used it recently. It does climb over logs and rocks and rides nicely due to the low pressure tires.

It doesn't like hard surfaces, but mud/sand/etc are it's real meat. With or without my leg I can get in and out pretty easily. :) :)

(I still like the Conquest) :P :P

Gil, now I am jealous, always wanted something like that to bring out the child in me. A friend of mine has seen the Conquest and really rated it.

WOW that looks fun Gil :o

hey chaps, when i was wheelchair only I was approached by the NABD to test drive the conquest, but on the day it was cancelled coz they'd got the steering all wrong, it briefly went back to the drawing board and i was walking by the time it was ready again :(

Never mind, prfer my trike anyhow :P :P

Pic026.jpg

Hazel

Now that I've seen your ride, I agree. That is one sweet machine. Got room for a passenger? ;) ;)

I love your trike Hazel, judging by the dampness of the roads I'm guessing you live north of the county. Do you ever go posing in Matlock Bath?

Another late reply. :blush:

I test drove the Ibot about a year+ ago. It's really nice except for a couple things. It's heavy 350+lbs., and the cost then was $24,000. I have read that they have made some improvements since, but I'm not needing one.....yet. :rolleyes: