Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Suzy

Job Advice

Hi Posters

"Tin Soldier" here. This time, not looking for amputee advice! Such was the great response to other pleas for help.

Is there anyone out there ex-services? I ask because I have 2 options open to me jobwise. Naturally, being a double amputee (below knee) I cannot go back to a full-time combat role, however, a non-infantry role hsa been offered to me

OR

I can take a desk job with the MoD in my hometown.

I know Muz is an ex-sailor (I have ditched the PJ's but this cold weather no way am I going commando) so hopefully someone out there will provide an answer. My little brain is conjuring up "non-infantry" as cookhouse, or something like that.

Have a nice day posters!

"Tin Soldier"

PS Once I get computerised I will register in my own name until then, I shall log-in on Suzy's!! She wont mind.

Ex air force here:

Depending on the "benefits" you will recie3ve from the military........................

GO home!!!......................the rest of your battles are there.

ED

It could be a training job although you might scare off new recruits if they get to know that your legs have government arrows and a NATO stock number on them :)

It might be worth trying to contact Jim Bonney, the Bootneck Captain who lost a leg . I think you can contact him via Ossurs web site. He's done quite a lot to prove his fitness to a military medical board and should be able to give you some advice.

Oh and boxers are acceptable in this cold snap :lol: