Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
conal doyle

Amputee Attorney Introduction

Dear Members:

I am a new member to this Forum. I am a right leg amputee from birth, having been born with Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency (PFFD). I was essentially born without my femur and had my foot amputated when I was approximately two years old. I have walked with the aid of a prosthetic leg for well over 30 years. Having dealt with this challenge all my life, I have developed a good sense of humor and sense of self-esteem regarding my so called disability.

I have competed against able bodied athletes in a variety of athletic arenas, including skiing, basketball, football, volleyball, and golf my entire life. I recently got back into competitive alpine ski racing, and competed in some Level II races against the U.S. Disabled Ski Team, Canadian Team, and Australian Team.

I am a disabled rights advocate and trial attorney. I have been active in the communities where I have lived, as a Shriner and have served on the Board of Directors of Self-Reliance, Inc., which is associated with Centers for Independent Living in the United States

I am an experienced civil trial attorney and my trial practice has a special emphasis on representing amputees in injury and disability discrimination claims across the United States. I take pride in not simply solving my clients' legal problems, but helping amputees in particular re-establish their lives by providing a host of resources for new amputees. My Forum profile contains a link to my website that has more information about me personally and professionally and also has a lot of helpful information for amputees.

I look forward to contributing what I can to this forum. This board is an invaluable resource for people who either recently lost a limb or have been overcoming challenges all of their lives.

I hope that I can help in some way.

Conal

Hello Conal, welcome to this forum. You and I chatted about the joys of South Africa's third party insurance in another forum.

Enjoy your stay,

Kind regards

Ally

Hi Conal, a big welcome from sunny Australia. You are to be congratulated on your achievements-well done.

Melissa

G'day Conal welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you aboard.

Cat

Hi, Conal, and welcome to the forum.

Welcome Conal, a pleasure to meet you and to read about all your achievements, how proud you must feel and rightfully so. :D

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

Life is a never ending lesson, from which we continue to grow.

post-12-1133229422.gif

Hello Conal: ( I actually want to say "Hello Conan Doyle"

Welcome for our "little" family. There are some incredible people here.

I'm a 50 year amputee LAKA,

So welcome and have fun and enjoy our "delicate problems"

Sincerely,

Lynne

Welcome to the Fourm it's like were all family here and if you need anything there is at least one person here who knows what you can do about it.

Well Hello Conal--

Welcome to our forum. I'm a bilateral bka from the central part of US. I hope you enjoy you visit with us. So sit back, get comfy and post whenever you like.

Patti

Hello Conal

Sorry for the late welcome, but I just noticed your introduction. I notice your Oakland address. I'm from the Ventura - Santa Barbara area, but now live in Missouri, and am a 17 plus year RBKA. I never did complete my law studies. Got mad at my Dad and my girlfried the same weekend back in 1955, and quit college and joined the army for three years.

Everything has a way of working out for the best. Met a better woman and have been married for 47 years now.

So much for the hello. Welcome to our group. (I've been around all of two months now, so I can call it "our group". Ha! You bet!! You will too. )