Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Hi, my name is Jonathan Jenkins. I am an upper body amputee(right b/e). I lost my hand when I was seven years old in a electrical accident by climbing into a sub-station. I took 7,200 volts. Doctors told me I couldn't play football. That I wouldn't be able to build muscle on my right side. That I couldn't plat guitar, ski, swim, bodybuild. That I would never be the same. They were right, I have never been better. It gave me the motivation I needed to achieve those things. One thing that has help me the most is bodybuilding. It has given me the strength I needed to use my prostheses 100 times beter. The confidence and respect I so longed for. I have been competing in powerlifting for 6 months now and people are blown away. They have never seen an upper body amputee bech press 248lbs of thier chest or deadlift 446lbs off the ground. I qualified for the WABDL world finals in Reno NV 0n Nov. 16 2005. I became the first upper body amputee to compete and win. I took first in the disabled 220lb. class in deadlifting with a 435lb deadlift. Becoming world champion. I took 2nd in 220lb disabled bench press with a lift of 236.5. If I hadn't have lost my hand then I probably wouldn't of done all those things and would be average and not inspire people.( abled and disabled) I am proud of who I am and the disability I have, I could go 2 ways with it, feel sorry for my self or do great things and inspire people with it.

If there is anyone out there who would like to powerlift or bodybuild please call me at 406-756-5917 or 406-212-9488

post-8-1133751321.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o

Wow - that is amazing. I did a few leaps around the lounge this morning with 2 x 2kg dumbells and I thought I was pretty smart. Mmm, yeah right.

But seriously - well done - that is a really awesome achievement.

Ally

PS : Not a bad pic to look at either..... ;)

Doctors told me I could play football. That I wouldn't be able to build muscle on my right side. That I couldn't plat guitar, ski, swim, bodybuild. That I would never be the same.

Isn't it just great when you prove them wrong?! :D Well done!!!

Great photo!

Lizzie :)

Well, I already commented to your other post before seeing this one. Duh :wacko:

But I'll say it again... That is just awesome! :o :o

You have proved everyone wrong and really are a testament to the strength of the human spirit. B) :D

And you look great too, by the way! ;) :rolleyes:

Great job! Fantastic achievement and nice picture to look at this morning!

Caroln