Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Todd79F100

Glad I found a place with people like me!!!

Nothing more interesting than a bunch of people bragging!!! Yes, I can see we all get on 4 wheelers.. the only problem is some of us don't know anything about it...but it still doesn't matter, I would bring hot dogs Chicago stile...hummmm and a the wine. Now who would make the fire?

dea :D

Greenthumb, I am not bragging!!! This may sound strange, but I feel that the Lord put ATV'S in my life to help me deal with the disability. It gave me something I could enjoy with others. I have met new friends riding.You can find cheap ATV'S if you look around. They have been a lot of fun, entertainment over the years. They have also gave me the freedom to places that would have been impossible without them. I can't hike trails, but I can ride through them. If I want to go fishing in a rugged area, I can. It is something that I can do as a family. We load them up and go exploring. There are several fully automatic tranny 4-wheelers out now. They are as easy to drive as a car or lawnmower. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I would be glad to teach you. :)

Hi Todd,

Sorry for my late welcome reply but I do want to say welcome to the forum family glad to have you. Pull up a comfortable chair bring your choice of drink and join in when the time allows you. My time doesn't allow me to much anymore as I'm a mom, work full time, and part time as a Pilates instructor working on my certification (200 hrs into the 600 hr program) I cycle, run and what ever else I find time to do. I have been an amptuee since birth (I was born missing my right foot) I had revision surgery almost 3 1/2 yrs ago and I can honestly say it was the best decision I had made. Anyway glad to have you here with us I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

As you can see from my signature I'm from Fl.

Who would bring the smores?

That would be Muz!!! :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry, you meant SMORES, not SNORES! :P

Have you been chatting to Mrs Muz by any chance :lol:

Todd I like the idea of the ATV. I saw something similar on the Otto Bock website once and it was fitted with a GPS unit. I think it was electric though so you'd be a bit limited on range. Tried to find the link but it's disappeared.

Hi Todd, welcome to you, my name's Pam, I'm 52 years young from the UK. I have a RBK since Oct 2004. I have a husband and two sons and a lovely daughter in law.

By the way, I know this may be a stupid question but what are SMORES :(

Who would bring the smores?

That would be Muz!!! :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry, you meant SMORES, not SNORES! :P

Have you been chatting to Mrs Muz by any chance :lol:

Todd I like the idea of the ATV. I saw something similar on the Otto Bock website once and it was fitted with a GPS unit. I think it was electric though so you'd be a bit limited on range. Tried to find the link but it's disappeared.

My family ride gas powered ATV'S. My Suzuki Z400 has about 35HP and runs about 75mph. It does not have GPS :(

Oh Pam, what a sheltered life you have lead!!!! Either that or the UK just isn't into gooey stuff. (Take it away, Muz...)

S'mores are a diabetic's nightmare, but oh so good...

Take a graham cracker and place upon it a square of chocolate. Then place a toasted marshmallow on top of that and smash it all down with another graham cracker. A second slab of chocolate is optional on top.

They are a campfire hit.

And Todd, welcome to the forum.

-m-

By the way, I know this may be a stupid question but what are SMORES :(

I'm glad you asked, Pam, cause I didn't have a clue either :blink::blink:

Maryl (VeryScared),

Thanks for clarifying what they are.

Now for WHY they're called what they are...

Are they called Smores, because after eating one, you'd be wanting s'more?? :wub:

Either that or the UK just isn't into gooey stuff. (Take it away, Muz...)

You're probably right, I think we like stiffer things you can sink your teeth into ;) :wub:

I'm glad you asked too Pam, but I had a sneaking suspicion that whatever they were, they were (s)moreish. I had no idea what a graham cracker was either, until I looked here...it looks like they're real comfort food! :)

Lizzie :)

Smores are awesome. You MUST try them.

Either that or the UK just isn't into gooey stuff. (Take it away, Muz...)

You're probably right, I think we like stiffer things you can sink your teeth into ;) :blink:

Muz, I think you may be right :o :blink: :lol:

By the way Maryl. we don't get the weather here for many campfires, but they do sound gorgeous.

Welcome Todd!!!! I don't get on here as often as I'd like and so only have time to read a couple posts here and there and add my odd comments every now and then.

I too hadn't met any other amputees until I joined an all amputee skydiving team in 2001 (Pieces of Eight). I'm their first woman to join and we're looking for more!! So if any of you know of anyone, send them my way! ;)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/amyskydivr/my_photos has a few pics of us. (ignore the pics of my ex, I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet)

BRENDA!! Your photo on your profile is with that Survivor dude!!! Very Cool!! He in one hot guy!!!! Too bad he's married! :P

Hey Todd, I would love to try the ATV. but I don't know if AKA are able to do it.

I would love to do some trail riding on one. How do I get a chance to see and try one? Is this like a bike, a three wheeler or what? And what is a GPS?

PamR you have not miss anything, smore is not that good. I tried and I didn't like it. As it was said, too guee, too sweet, also it gets all over your face.

Hey Todd, I would love to try the ATV.  but I don't know if AKA are able to do it.

I would love to do some trail riding on one. How do I get a chance to see and try one? Is this like a bike, a three wheeler or what?  And what is a GPS?

PamR you have not miss anything, smore is not that good. I tried and I didn't like it. As it was said, too guee, too sweet, also it gets all over your face.

My family ride 4-wheelers. You would be able to ride one with a automatic tranny just fine. My daughters have been riding since thry were 3. So, I know I could train you. It's a lot like a car. All the controls are opperated by hand on the auto's. You give it gas with the right thumb and the brakes with the right and left hand. Reverse and drive is also changed with the hand. Any local motorcycle shop would give you a test ride. Polaris makes most of their quads with the auto tranny. Everyone that loves to explore the outdoors should give 4-wheelers a try!!! Today I took the dogs and rode on a neighbors farm for a couple of hours. The dogs chased a rabbit and the deer were feeding in the woods. It was cool. I would love to share this sport with others with a disability. If I could help in any way, let me know. "GPS" is a global positioning system. Helps you not to get lost on long trail rides. :D

"GPS" is a global positioning system. Helps you not to get lost on long trail rides.

Except under dense tree cover ;) :)