Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Todd79F100

Glad I found a place with people like me!!!

Hello all! I don't know what to say. I have so many questions. Some may even be silly to some. I don't know many people with a severe disability and only one amp. It will be nice to discuss topics with people that travel through life the way I do.Well, I will tell you a little about me. 41 years ago, I was born without my legs from the knees down. I grew up pretty normal with a good family. We lived on a farm and at 13 my parents got tired of me riding the lawn mower until they were wore out and got me a 3-wheeler. At 18, I started racing 3&4-wheelers and moved on to race-carts. I did very well at this and will not bore you with details.During this time, I went to work at a local factory,got a degree in Psychology and married the girl of my dreams. We were blessed with 2 beautiful daughters(like their mom) that are now 9&6. Everything was going well until I started to get a lot of joint pain that slowed my life WAY more than my limbs! I have been trying all the meds, but the doctors say that I have wore my upperbody out from useing and abusing(to many crashes) over the years. Ok, enough about me for now. In the future, I will be asking your thoughts on, life, family, and hobbies.

Jump right on in Todd. You've come to the right place. You are the perfect example that no matter how long we have been an amputee, new situations always come up. In your case - forever. In mine 17 plus years. I joined this group to get a new insight into what I used to consider - "my private condition". Come to find out, there are a whole bunch of us that belong to this exclusive club.

Ask away - someone here is sure to have an answer.

Welcome and stick around.

Welcome Todd:

I'm sure you'll be able to get answers here. Great bunch of people here.

I'm a LAK.

Lynne

Thanks everyone! All my life, I have wanted to talk to others like me. I have talked with people with disabilities, but not much with amputee. And for some reason, I find 2 attitudes with those with disabilities. Most I find have a bleak outlook on life. I can understand! If you feel like you have been delt a bad hand, it could give you reason to feel sad some. But if you put that face on everyday, who will want to be around you? I just have tried to make the best out of a bad hand. #2 I see people that have what I call "The Kyle Maynerd sendrom" They say I can do anything. Did any of you see Kyle on Larry King? How many of you think this man without hands and feet, crawing could win all these whrestling matches?IMO, I think people like that hurt our cause! Yes, we need to do all we can, but we can use a hand every now and then. We need people to understand us with a objective mind! Example- my with and I had been married for ten years when she broke her leg. At the time, our first child was just 3 months old. One day, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said" I never new how it would feel to be you, and I thought I did". Ok, I'll shutup. I wish we all setting aroud the camp fire because I type slow :P

Hi, Todd, and welcome to our forum family.

Hi Todd and welcome

John

Hi Todd

Welcome to the forum, and it seems you are very well adapted person, and seem so positive.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope they get all worked out, and wow I have never heard of wearing out your upper body.

I am a RBKA, I hope we hear more from you soon.

Lesley

Hey there todd. It's great that you have joined. It is amazing here and I want to welcome to you... Just remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question and i am sure alot of people will be happy to try to anwsre them for you at best to there knowledge. Congrats on all that you have accomplised and I hope you, you wife and children are well.

Hello Todd - welcome to our forum.

My name is Ally, RAK from South Africa - car accident in 1995. Enjoy your stay.

Ally

PS : Ditto on the camp fire thing ;)

G'day Todd and welcome,

Cat

Also Downunder

Welcome Todd! I'm a rbk from North Dakota. The only thing that could make this forum better would be if we were all face to face (ok, and maybe a Margarita or two)!

Caroln

Hi Todd,

Bilateral Bk, bacterial meningitis, 43 yrs old, 2 boys, Chicago. Nice to meet you & you can thank me later for saving you the time of clicking to view my profile. :D

Drinks & a camp fire.............time & place please.

Linda

Hey Todd,

Welcome to the forum!

I am also one of the kneeless ones. Bilateral Knee Disarticulate (Bilateral KD) since April '03.

I am sure that "we" will be the ones asking "you" the questions.

You are the first of us that I have met that has 41 years experience at this.

Ted

Hi Todd!

Sorry for such a late response from me. I, too, would like to welcome you. I'm a bitlateral bka from the USA. I hope to see you around the forum.

Patti

Hello Todd,

I am so sorry not have welcome you sooner... I hope you find some answer whenever you need, right here with us. Now about the camp fire I think it would be lovely. I am not much of a drinker but I guess I could go for a little bit of wine once in while. Hope I can get my computer to work a little faster so I can check with everybody more often.

Dea :ph34r:

That campfire thing would be nice! The only thing would be better is if we all could go on a long ride on the 4-wheelers, pull up by the lake and tell stories. They all don't have to be true :lol: Who would bring the smores?

Nothing more interesting than a bunch of people bragging!!! Yes, I can see we all get on 4 wheelers.. the only problem is some of us don't know anything about it...but it still doesn't matter, I would bring hot dogs Chicago stile...hummmm and a the wine. Now who would make the fire?

dea :D