Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brenda

Proud Mom

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you my good news about my oldest daughter. She is in the women's choir at school and they were invited to Carnigie Hall in NY this May. The chorus teacher asked the parents if they would support it and we of course said yes so he took it to the principle who in turn to it to the school board. The decision came back that it was approved so My daughter will be preforming a 50 page latin song on the stage of Carnigie Hall in May. I'm a VERY VERY PROUD MOM. Now I have to decide if I can afford to be go along.

Wow Brenda - that is so amazing. Hock the furniture and sell the car. This is a biggie!

Congrats to you both. I got goose flesh when I read this post.

WELL WELL WELL DONE!

Ally

:)

Oh my! How cool is that?! I bet she is ecstatic. You have some time before May rolls around to plot the journey... you have to see your child play Carnegie Hall!

I'm a VERY VERY PROUD MOM. Now I have to decide if I can afford to be go along.

Of course you are Brenda - you have every right to be proud!! :D

Couldn't you get someone to buy a ticket for you for Christmas or a birthday? It would be such a shame to miss out. :unsure:

What piece is your daughter going to sing?

Lizzie :)

Well I just realized the typo's sorry I was posting this in the middle of the night I think somewhere around 3:00am my time. I had a fantastic night out with the girls as I had been in a bad funk all day and it did me good and when I got home checking the board I decided to post this as it's been a topic of conversation for a few months waiting for the school board's answer and now the topic of conversation is should I go or not. The cost of the trip is $1300 plus food money and spending money so it will probably be around $1600 to $1700 for each of us and my other problem that I'm facing do I take my youngest daughter as well I would hate for her not to see her sister up there. It's an opportunity of a lifetime to be on that grand stage. So I'm going to see what I can do maybe some fund raisers and beg, borrow and steal just kidding on the stealing but I will beg and borrow. :P

I forget the name of the song it was hand picked and from what has been said the composor (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and the conductor of the song will be on stage as well. Her choir is not the only one that will be there it will consist of several different choirs from all over so it will be a huge event.

BTW I have to crow again as I didn't share this before. My daughter is a Saprano 1 but right now her chorus teacher has her in with the Saprano 2's because the 1's out power the 2's and he felt that she is a role model to her peers and was the best one for the job very strong voice. :D

Hi Brenda!

Long time no see, wow congrats for your daughter, and you also, I hope you get to go, because its an awesome accomplishment. I hope you let us know more sooner!!!

Lesley

Brenda, this is so awesome. You have to go and take her sister. We have a saying around these parts when you need something and don't have the money - "we'll have a bingo for you"! But seriously, we need to put our heads together and think of some way to accomplish this once in a life event. You are obviously a very resourceful person and I know you're gonna come up with something.