Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Suzy

What Sort of Legs

Tin Solider Here. I was going to call this "What sort of legs to you have" but then thought I may get some strange comments.

I am still on my "learning" legs, however, in the New Year will be getting a "hi tec" set completely waterproof, fireproof and stainproof - so they tell me.

What are the best fittings? Some folks I know have pin lock system others just slip legs on. My learning ones just stlip on and are immsensely comfortable.

I am giving thought to my next set and trying to make an evaluation.

Thanks.

TIN SOLDIER

Hiya Tin Soldier

There really isn't a 'best' fitting because everyone is so different. What works for one person can be the pits for another.

If you have such comfy legs at the moment, you are extremely fortunate. It is difficult to get legs that fit like old shoes.

I have always used a total suction socket. I am now trying a suction socket with an Iceross liner and I'm battling a bit - but maybe that's because my new socket doesn't fit too well.

Like I've said before, try everything that's out there by all means, but if you hit on something that works, hold onto it, because it's really hard to get to that place sometimes.

Good luck,

Ally

:)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I realise how lucky I am just be reading these posts. Fortunately, my below knees amputations are about 6-7 inches below the knee, so, in effect it is feet and a little more that I am missing, perhaps that what makes my limbs so comfortable to wear. My problems did not stem from the amputations but from the breaks, etc, to the non-amputed parts of my leg and from a spinal injury I suffered.

Thanks everyone - keep up the good work.

TIN SOLDIER