Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pat.UK.

What's your Favorite Christmas Film?.

National Lampoons Christmas vacation :lol: :lol:

.... and Mary Poppins ;)

Does the Nightmare before Christmas count?

I also like a christmas Carol the old british version and white christmas. Mom got both of them on DVD this year so christmas came early.

A Christmas Story, without a doubt.

Does the Nightmare before Christmas count?

Absolutely!

Has to be the best animated Christmas story around.

:)

Last weekend we watched the Polar Express.

Awesome animation and a really good Xmas film.

You know, Johnny, Mr. Magoo did not write A Christmas Carol....j/k! Actually, when it was first shown on TV about 1962 it scared my 9-year-old self so badly (when the ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Be showed up) I hid in the bathroom for an hour. 43 years later I still get a twinge when that guy appears.

Although I don't know if it's my all-time favorite, I'd like to get an uncut version of Albert Finney's "Scrooge". With Obi-Wan Kenobi as Marley's Ghost and Dame Edith Evans as the Ghost of Christmas Past, not to mention Albert Finney singing and dancing, it has to be one of the more unique versions of poor Dickens' tortured tale.

Finally, what's wrong with "A Muppet Christmas Carol" ? I rather liked it.

Just watched Christmas Vacaction with my guys last night. SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!! (my favorite part) :D

I agree with Marcus, Love The Grinch. The original, not the Jim Carey version.

You never see them anymore, but I used to love the old black & white movies. Everytime around the holidays they'd run them late at night. Boys Town, (Spencer Tracey) or The Bells of St. Mary's (Bing Crosby) ect. I know they're corny but they're sincere & basic.

Linda

You know, Johnny, Mr. Magoo did not write A Christmas Carol....j/k! Actually, when it was first shown on TV about 1962 it scared my 9-year-old self so badly (when the ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Be showed up) I hid in the bathroom for an hour. 43 years later I still get a twinge when that guy appears.

That's true. Dickens wrote it of course. But the screenplay with Magoo got him 'The Famous Adventures of Mister Magoo' later on, and the musical score is what made this a success, along with the razzleberry dressing. The spirit of Christmas yet to come was definitely a good scare.

I'm sure this might sound odd, but Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeeris my favorite. I have it on DVD. I, also, love It's A Wonderful Life & Miracle on 34th Street Those, too, are in my collection that are a must to see in the Christmas season.

Patti

:o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG...Lizzie! I just thought I'd check in to see what was going on with the forum tonight and guess what I am watching? The Muppets Christmas Carol! Has to be the best Christmas movie ever! I absolutely love it!

Diane

I'll have to go along with Patti, 'Miracle on 34th', 'It's a Wonderful Life' and 'Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer'. Those I will never get tired of watching.

Sheila lbk

Maine USA

Keep Smiling :)

post-7-1134522451.gif

:o :angry: :( <_< I can not believe anybody mention FROSTY!!!

I was working on a day care center and the children were getting ready to take a nap, when someone play the story. It made me cry and I had to hide my tears... Later I went and rent the video. It made me cry again. I don't know why but it is a beautiful and inocent story..I even like the new one with Keaton...can't remember his first name. :angry:

But to make me laugh I get "National Lampoons" Every year they show it on TV and I watch it :lol: I like it so much that I bought its video for my grandkids. "Home Alone" the first one is also nice.

I'm sure this might sound odd, but Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeeris my favorite. I have it on DVD. I, also, love It's A Wonderful Life & Miracle on 34th Street Those, too, are in my collection that are a must to see in the Christmas season.

Patti

I have finally experienced 'The Miracle On 34th Strret' for the first time in my life. It is a wonderful story for all ages. I can't believe that I have missed this holiday master piece before this, but never the less, better late than not at all. :)