Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Ally

Out on a Limb

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but here goes....

My prosthetist gave me Heather Mills' autobiography to read a while back. Today I read it. Very nice book. I read it straight through, beginning to end.

I found it to be very honest, and it turned her into a real person for me.

A day well spent. Definitely.

Ally

I too have read this book. In fact it was the book that lead me indirectly to this site.

I knew little of Heather, other than she married one of the most famous people on the planet.

However I was amazed to learn of her background, especially her childhood. What she went through before she became famous was quite remarkable.

I would recommend this as a good read to anyone, but especially to fellow amputees.

A remarkable lady

I have also read her book. I think she is a remarkable person and gives us all, especially us girls, hope.

I am reading yet another book called Out on a Limb, written by an AK called Louise Barker.

Even more fabulous - the writing style is amazing. She was definitely a lady far ahead of her time. She was born in the early 1900's.

I'm really enjoying this one. It's not often that a book has me laughing out loud when I'm reading it (the dogs look at me funny). This one surely does.

Bit of a coincidence that the name, Out on a Limb, is the same....dontcha think??

Ally

:)

The book I read about Heather was called "A Single Step".

There are two books. Heathers first book was entitled 'Out on a Limb', and the updated version is entitled 'A Single Step'. All proceeds from 'A Single Step' go to her charity Adopt A Minefield.

I have read Out On A Limb but have not yet read A Single Step (I want to though). :D