Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leggy

Respect to Heather but I wish we all had her....

...resources!

The way Heather has overcome her injuries is totally admirable but i must say that one reason she now copes so well is the amount of financial resources she has available.

We must not forget that so many people with disablilities are on the bread line and simply can't afford to purchase the best equipment / doctors available.

Philip

:rolleyes:

I thought you were going to say.....

...... her husband :P

Seriously though, you are right.

And I guess hubby is a resource too, correct? ;)

She is an amazing lady.

Ally

We would all like better resources I cant afford a better leg but there is always someone worse off than we are with no resources at all.And I think you will find Heather was walking perfectly well when she met Paul.

Pat.

And I think you will find Heather was walking perfectly well when she met Paul.

Oh definitely!

But that's not what I meant........ :P B)

Ally what I said was not meant for you or criticizing what you had said it was my thought's on the matter.Please dont take offence it was not made that way it was more for the post above your's. And that Heather was supporting herself before she married Paul.

Pat.

Ah, none taken Pat.

:)

...resources!

The way Heather has overcome her injuries is totally admirable but i must say that one reason she now copes so well is the amount of financial resources she has available.

We must not forget that so many people with disablilities are on the bread line and simply can't afford to purchase the best equipment / doctors available.

Philip

One of the reason's I cope so well is the amount of resources available to me through the NHS. I have my ancestors to thank for this as they fought hard to make the UK a place where everybody could have access to good public health care whatever their background ;)

Hope you like worms Leggy as I fear you may have just opened a gigantic can full :lol:

i trhinkkiiing yopu all havvviinngthis all worng . The reasiiin Heathher is ddiing so welll iis nootthtiiingntoo ddoiing at all with hher abailiityy too buyyingn things althoughh yes ,, thatt is a HUGE plus but , ............

Dooiingn welll iis ALL aabaoouut havvviignn a apossiititiive attiititutuder andn refususiiing too beeiingn toldded NO and beeiingn pusshshed arouund . Shhe took a really badd eveeennnt inn her liife and usssed tthatt too helpiinng othters andn helpiign othters too beeiiingn more rposssiitive annd reacchiingn foor new ggooals . In other woords , wheen w earre feliiiing low and down , we can lookiign na tther nad sayyinng too oursellfs thatt YES , WE CAN . Ittsx abaout findiingn a ccaause you beeliiviinn ginn andn fightiinn g for thatt cauuse . If you are beelivi9innginn savviing the eenenvironmmeet or animall rrigfhtts oor humman rightts rooo whwateveer , fiighttt for thatt .

iit ss eassy to sitttiinngbacck annd feeliinngsorrry for ourselffs andn asayyiingn ohh poor me oro , we cann getttinngout anndnn makkiiign abad thiing annd being turnninn git into a possiitivenes .

remmeber , you can't sayyinng " can't" wiwithouut sayiinng " I CAN " ... you cann't sayiingn " I DON'T " wwithh sayiiiingn " I DO " annd you can't spelliiing " disaablled " withoouut speliiing " ABLE" . Itss alll abouut atttiitiude adnputlook onn liffe so gett ouut annd LIVE it to itss FULLESTNESS .

I get your point but I kind of relate this to Oprah and her weight loss. Yes, she had money for a trainer and a chef and tons of exercise equipment, but she still had to get her butt up on the bike and ride. She still had to keep from putting fattening food in her mouth. A lot of life is about attitude and thinking that people have it so much easier because they have more resources is a quick way to start feeling bitter about life. At least that's been my experience. I'm still hoping that we'll all be able to get legs that if nothing else, give the ability of freedom from pain and te get around this life with ease. Call me the eternal optimist.

Carol

Hi guys,

let us not forget that on the whole we amputees in the 'developed world',

the industrialised countries of North America, Europe, Australia and New

Zealand (and South Africa) are the lucky minority with our health care providers

and state-of-the-art prostheses, AND ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, compared

to the tens of thousands of less well-off amputees in the 'third world'!

Kind regards,

Mike