Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
meggy2342000

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, gosh i almost feel like a new member, it has been so long since i was last up to posting.

Welcome to all the new members that have joined this happy band.

It is now almost 2yrs since my rbk op. :)

I have been feeling pretty low just lately, whether this has anything to do with it i don't know. I do know that being very busy at work hasn't helped much and the fact that we were left short of staff over the really busy first week of the sales. So much so that i have decided to look for a new job where hopefully there will be a more organised regime and less selfishness.

I was feeling the pressure before xmas (because of the staffing levels, not the actual workload) and i did mention this to my managers, they still took unofficial time off over this busy time, covering for each other. :angry:

Sorry to moan on, just need to vent. :(

Enough of the moaning.

I hope you all had a really good xmas, i i wish you all a happy and prosperous new year. :) :) :)

Thanks for listening.

Hi Lesley, good to hear from you - Happy New Year.

I'd definately leave those selfish colleagues of yours and look for a new job, new year, new job.

It doesn't seem almost 2 years since we met up, I am starting my 4 day week in February, so maybe we could get together at last.

Hope the family is well.

Take care for now.

Hi Lesley good to see you posting again.

Hope you had a merry xmas and new year.

I'm so glad I work by myself and don't have to worry about those things. Good luck with your search

Cat

Hi Lesley. I'm Jim, one of the new (old) members that have come on since you mentioned you were last here.

When I first lost my leg in 1988, I ran into a fellow in a pharmacy. I still had my cast on and was on crutches. (I had ridden down there on my 50cc Honda scooter, with my stump sticking out. Ha!)

Anyway, in the store, this older man came up to me and mentioned that he too was a right BKA. He advised me on what style prosthesis to get, (which I still wear today), and then went on to tell me that he had lost his leg the last week of WWII. I asked him if it still bothered him, and he said that here 43 years later, (since 1945), he still cried occasionally for the loss of his leg. He said that it was like losing a "friend", and on ocasion he would "grieve" for it.

Personally, I don't give it much thought, except to get angry at times for the 43 operations that I have had to go through, mainly to correct what went wrong from the beginning.

We all react diffferently to our situations. Just like the old soldier. It's who we are.

Welcome back.

Hi Lesley

Wow congrats, it must feel so good to have gone this far. I am proud of you, I hope you and your family are well.

I hope you have a good new years also.

Let us know how you are doing.

Lesley

encouragement_smile.gif

I'm sorry you aren't having an easy time of it. I wish you better days ahead :D

Hi Lesley,

Nice to have you back-sounds like a new job might just be the way to go.

All the best for the New Year.

Mel

I'm Jim, one of the new (old) members that have come on since you mentioned you were last here.

Hi Lesley--

Like Jim, I'm one of the new members that have joined since you were last here.

I would like to welcome you back. I hope you had a wonder Christmas, inspite of the problems of work. Not knowing you & the whole situation with your job, it never hurts to look around to see if there is something better out there for you.

I wish you all the best that the new year can bring to you.

Patti

Hi Lesley--good luck with the job search. I'm doing the same right now and it can be quite a process. Hope your new year is a very good one.

Carol

Hi Lesley;

I'm a newbie, with a probable impending amp due to arthritis.

I'm sorry you've been feeling down; for what it's worth, the worst I ever felt coincided with having the worst, most stressful, most thankless job I ever had, so I think you've identified the problem!

So, give yourself a pat on the back for astute perception while under stress, pamper yourself, and plot a new course!

Best of luck for 2006.

Roz. :)

Good to hear from you, Lesley. Hope you find a new job in 2006.

. . .its actually pretty entertaining to call in sick and then head off to an interview  B)

...and haven't we ALL done that at some point or another?! :o ;) B)

Welcome back Lesley. I hope things get better for you. I remember how stressful work could be at times. Keep your head held high though. You're a survivor. ;)

Hi

thanks for all your replies, good wishes and especially the support.

It seems "great minds" do think alike :blink: , i have taken a couple of days off sick. Partly because i felt so tired, i needed a little time to get myself back on track, partly so that i could have a bit of a look around and see what is on the job front at the moment (not much,wrong time of year i expect) and also partly to let them know what it is like to be short of staff for a change. I have to say the break has helped and i feel a lot better now, just a problem getting my body clock back on track, cannot sleep at night but am knackered during the day.

Pam, we will have to arrange to meet up at some time, it is amazing how the time just slips by, my favourite saying at the moment is "it will soon be summer" lol!!

Once again, thanks everyone :)