Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
globalhegemon

The story of Flory Tacle

Here is the story of a Filipina bout two years ago who through the help of a religious-based organization was given a second chance/lease of life through her new limbs...this story never made some significant print in Philippine media.

And she is really inspiring to the hilt. :)

http://www.startribune.com/flory/

Flory Tacle: A Story of Faith and Inspiration

Flory Tacle was born without legs. For 19 years, this young Filipina from southern Leyte wobbled on her feet that she was born with, right below her knees. Until her pitiful situation was brought to the attention of some kind people in Minnesota—Mike Peck, President and, with his wife Gina, Co-Founder of a nonprofit organization called Outreach Asia, Inc. Flory is 19 years old and a student at Tomas Oppus College in Leyte, Philippines, where she is currently on a two year computer program. Since birth, she has been in need of medical assistance, and never lost hope that one day, help will come. In March,2004, Mike and Gina Peck of Outreach Asia brought Flory to Minnesota to have surgery performed and obtain prosthetics. Flory Tacle is walking again—on prosthetic legs. Last April, together with her donors and supporters, including some Filipino friends, Flory led a momentous walk around Lake Harriet, followed by TV cameras and media personnel. “I am the happiest person, now that I am finally walking on legs. I can hardly wait to run. I wish I could give enough thanks to all the kind and generous people who have helped me.” Flory in a lovely letter, expressed her profuse thanks to the FMA Seniors who gave some donations to benefit her school library in the Philippines. “The USA Leg prosthetics will allow me to switch from my 2-year program to a 4-year teacher’s degree and fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher,” she said.

WOW! :D

Thank you for posting a link to such an excellent site about such a remarkable young lady. Her story is very heart-warming and extremely humbling.

Thanks again. :D

Thanks so much for sharing. Having a tough leg day so it was just what I needed!

Carol

Thanks for sharing this lovely story.

She's a brave young lady and I'm sure she 'll go far now that shes on a level with eveyone else.

john

What a great story! Flory is truly a beautiful young lady, both inside and out. I was so touched by her sweet and cheerful nature. No doubt she will continue to do wonders with her life, she has the perfect attitude.

Thank you for sharing this story with us!

Blessings,

Cheri

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us.