Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Muchlygirl

How can we get upgraded to Business class

Now it was only a small thing but this actually happened to me in Kings Cross station a while back: My wife and I were wating for a taxi and wer ushered to the front of the queue

Yes indeed but you fail to realise that since then (some time ago) I have never pushed to the front of the queue simply because I am disabled...I have also been refused travel in a taxi

I didn't fail to realise anything. I was merely lacking any further information. I do realise that you gratefully accepted an offer of help because you were uncomfortable and allowed yourself to be taken to the front of the queue. I may also have "failed" to realise that your journey to the front of the quee may have taken you past some amputees who were enduring the same cold and wet as you whilst standing on their prosthesis rather than being comfortably seated in a wheelchair ... who knows?

What I hadn't failed to realise however was that this thread was meant to be rather tongue in cheek. So I'm getting off my soapbox now and suggest you do the same. ;)

:rolleyes:

Hi

Never put on paper what you may regret later always hope that you have a good memory when we start complaining about some one else or having an opinion on there posting's, but as it as already been said this thread was tongue in cheek.When we went on holiday last year I was pushed by a porter from the plane straight past the queue at passport control in my wheelchair if i could walk that distance believe me i would.

Pat.

Upgrades are really tricky to get. The best advice, as mentionied earlier, is to be a member of the airline's frequent flyer club. Another good tip for accumulating miles is to use a credit card which gives you miles. For years we had a Virgin Credit Card which we used for everything, and paid off at the end of the month. For every pound spent we got two miles. It quickly adds up.

What I hadn't failed to realise however was that this thread was meant to be rather tongue in cheek. So I'm getting off my soapbox now and suggest you do the same. ;)

I didn't realise this thread was 'tongue in cheek' - so I duly apologise, and indeed will get down off my soap box, and leave the site....