Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pat.UK.

I have pain in my stump

:rolleyes:

Hi

I am back I thought i would be away longer.The last few day's i have had a pain in my stump i am a AKA. I have also lost 2 stones in weight in the last 5 month's the weight loss was planned so iam not worrying about that when i have my leg on it hurts when i walk i have taken my leg off and it is tender for a while the the pain goes i have tried putting more than one sock on with it but that dont help as i have not had this pain be for in the 4 year's since my amputation i wondered if other people had this when they have lost weight i know it seems logical but as it as never happened to me be for i dont know if it would, Hopeing you would have an answer for me i hope to go to the limb centre tomorrow.

Pat.

Hi Pat

How much is a stone??

I know that when I put on (or lose - wishful thinking) 2kg's I pay for it.

Also remember, when you lose a lot of weight, you don't shrink all over equally. You may have lost a bit more at the top of your thigh (as an example), so theoretically, donning socks won't really pad you out where you might be needing it most.

Just a thought....

Ally

PS : - Shoo - hell girl - well done on the weight loss B)

A stone=14lbs or approx 6.5kg

Mike

How much is a stone??

Ally, a stone = 14 pounds which equates to almost 6.3 Kilo.

Pat, I would have thought that losing 12.5 kilo would affect where you are sitting in the socket, probably putting pressure on places other than you have been used to, and maybe causing pain as a result.

Would suggest you discuss this with your limb centre when you go, and see what they say.

Mind you, you have to be pleased with the weight loss, especially at this time of year, a real achievement :)

A stone=14lbs or approx 6.5kg

Mike

Thank you Mike. I've been wanting to ask the same question.

Pounds will work just fine for me. I have never quite figured out the KG thing either. Too late now. Maybe my great-grandkids will get the hang of it here in the U.S.

Pat, welcome back. First of all where in your stump is the pain? In the bottom end? I changed weight heaps in the beginning up and down all the time and there was times I had more than one sock. Sometimes big thick woollie ones which would be the equivelent of maybe 3-4 normal thickness socks.

Does it feel like you're hitting the bottom?

Need more info

Mel.

:blink:

Thanks for your advice,I have been to my limb centre and they have made a new sleeve for my stump socket the pain is going I had bruised from the inside now it's a lot more comfortable.I was weighed while i was there and was told i had lost over 2 & half stone since the summer of last year so i had lost more than i thought that's about 35 Pound's in weight.So no wonder my stump was loose in my socket they also gave me some sock's i put on under my normal sock's to keep my stump dry from sweating they really help nothing worst than a soggy stump.

Pat.

Glad you got it figured out, Pat. And congratulations on the weight loss. What's your secret??

What's your secret??

Yeah - we wanna know. And please don't say hard work and determination.

Miracle cure please.....

Sigh - say it......................."In your dreams Ally"

:P

Pat--

Congrats on your weigh loss. I, too, like Ally would like to know your secret. You must be feeling good to loose that much weight.

Patti