Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
SAStrainer

SHIFTING UNWANTED WAISTLINES!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the tips and hints,,,,and the odd joke which made me smile.

I'll take on board lots of your suggestions and give them a go. I've found that I can use a rowing machine (just!) for 5 minutes or so, but it gets the heart rate up.

I'm trying to walk more, which helps and I'll increase the swimmimg.....together it should do something.

Must admit not too sure aboutt he Nordic Trekking, not got too many places in Somerset, England, but it does look fun.

Well, on my way to the 4th stone.....lean, mean, fighting machine!

Steve

Must admit not too sure aboutt he Nordic Trekking, not got too many places in Somerset, England, but it does look fun.

So, don't you think the Quantocks are enough of a challenge for a Nordic Walking amp, Steve?! :P

Lizzie :)

So, don't you think the Quantocks are enough of a challenge for a Nordic Walking amp, Steve?! :P

Must be a marsh rat living on the Levels :P

I find it very difficult to walk on the treadmill for more than 10 minutes.

I find it difficult to walk on the treadmill fullstop.

In my area 12 week programmes have been set up for people who find it difficult or expensive to access regular gyms. I have registered and been along twice now and at the moment all is going ok, can use all the machines except the treadmill and use the rower just for upper body, you are given individual exercises to suit you from an instructor, who is ok and was not fazed by my legs (as some people sometimes are). You are expected to aim for one hour sessions three times a week.

I watch my diet anyway, but really would just like to loose about a stone and half. If I can achieve that, get a slightly flatter stomach and feel a bit fitter, I will be pleased.

Ann

Your gym session sounds great, Ann! :D

I found when I lost weight that I shed the fat, but more than made up for it in the 'muscle department'...so don't be surprised if, after a few weeks, you look nice & trim and are a little heavier than you expected! ;)

I found when I lost weight that I shed the fat, but more than made up for it in the 'muscle department'...so don't be surprised if, after a few weeks, you look nice & trim and are a little heavier than you expected! ;)

Will watch for that Lizzie.