Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA's 2006 16th Annual Educational Conference

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

Johnny - I will be there. We never made a connection last year. Hopefully we do this year. I'm still shopping for air fare. Looks like it will be 250.

rayb - Ray, Columbus Ohio - 3rd time

Welcome debbie and rayb777

Here is the updated list of people that I have going so far:

The Australian Connection

Catherine - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

Muchlygirl - Ruth - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

Melaussie - Mel - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

The US Connection

AmySkyDivr - Amy - SE MN - 1st timer

caroln - Carol - Fertile MN - 1st timer

Cheri - California - Returning

debbie - Debbie - Dallas Texas - Returning

krazy1200 - Karen - Orlando FL - Returning

Higgy - Tammie - Illinois - Returning

jberna - Judy - Utah (for now), soon to be Albany, NY - 1st timer

JohnnyV - Poughkeepsie NY- 4th time

mmarie - Marcia - Biloxi, MS - Returning survivor of Huricane Katrina

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas - Returning

Neal - Tulsa, Oklahoma - Returning

rayb777 - Ray, Columbus Ohio - 3rd time

Will hopefully add and would prefer not to have to delete as we go forward.

Please continue to let me know if I missed anybody?

Thank you.

Oh, and didn't Marcus say that he was going too this year??   :blink:

I'll try to be there, but I'm not sure I can afford the therapy after the Aussies get done with us ;)

Yep they looking to take it out on someone since we whupped em at cricket ..

Be warned Marcus they can play dirty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome eddie103

Here is the updated list of people that I have going so far:

The Australian Connection

Catherine - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

Muchlygirl - Ruth - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

Melaussie - Mel - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

The Canadian Connection

eddie103 - Ed - Winnipeg, Canada - 1st timer

The US Connection

AmySkyDivr - Amy - SE MN - 1st timer

caroln - Carol - Fertile MN - 1st timer

Cheri - California - Returning

debbie - Debbie - Dallas Texas - Returning

krazy1200 - Karen - Orlando FL - Returning

Higgy - Tammie - Illinois - Returning

jberna - Judy - Utah (for now), soon to be Albany, NY - 1st timer

JohnnyV - Poughkeepsie NY- 4th time

mmarie - Marcia - Biloxi, MS - Returning survivor of Huricane Katrina

NANN - Fort Worth, Texas - Returning

Neal - Tulsa, Oklahoma - Returning

rayb777 - Ray, Columbus Ohio - 3rd time

Will hopefully add and would prefer not to have to delete as we go forward.

Please continue to let me know if I missed anybody?

Thank you.

THANKS FOR ADDING MY NAME CHERI... I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG TO GET IN HERE.... SEE Y'ALL IN JUNE...NANN

Hey there Everyone!

I am looking over the preliminary conference schedule and am wondering what time and what day we will be meeting?

http://www.amputee-coalition.org/annual_me..._program06.html

The exhibits close at 6 pm on Thursday. Is there time during the open ceremonies / lunch? Or is that combined? I'm not sure how to interpret it (is lunch on our own or combined into the ceremony).

How did you do it last year? I just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything this conference for I don't know if I'll be able to make it to future conferences and so must soak up everything I can this time 'round.

Thanks!

Amy

PS Johnny, there is no "e" in my screen name (my sister made it up for me back in the days when AOL only allowed 10 characters in a screen name :D Never bothered to change it).

In my opinion, we need to meet as early in the conference as possible so we can get to know each other better throughout the conference. It is also nice to have a friend to hang with during the conference. Most of the tables are just first come, first serve. Maybe we can print a placard to reserve a table or two for just the HMM gang.

Lunch is in conjunction with the opening ceremony. We'll be on our own the rest of the day to view the exhibit hall. OttoBock is having a picnic Thurs night. We should plan a place to meet. I suppose we could meet for the opening ceremony and lunch. It was in two separate rooms in Nashville, but the same room in Dallas. We won't know the configuration of the meeting rooms til we get there.

I will be arriving Wed afternoon. If enough of us are arriving Wed, maybe we can get together for dinner.

These are just thoughts.

What are your thoughts Johnny????

Another viable idea . . .

I see the new-attendee orientation begins at 9 am on Thursday. We could meet before that and have breakfast together. (?)

I'll be working Wednesday but will be available in the early evening for dinner. (?)

Anybody else with thoughts/suggestions? :blink:

Amy

We arrive Wed. night. Should be at the hotel by about 7pm. Is that too late for dinner?

If we miss dinner then drinks with everyone would be good.

Last year, they all got together during the opening ceremonies luncheon..

As for me, we will be arriving on Wed. too, sometime.. Maybe Thursday during the lunch would be better as that gives everyone more time to get there, allowing for airports, shuttles, etc., and get settled in. I know that last year, a bunch of them didn't arrive until the first day the conference started...

I think that the placard idea sounds fine.

I'm sure that we will all have plenty of time to get to know each other, plus enjoy the conference...

The time really isn't that far off now is it....

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. I think we will all have a very nice time this year....

Tammie/Higgy

Thank you for the post Amy.

As was mentioned, for the purpose of getting us all together at the earliest opportunity, our annual official gathering place is at the 'Opening ceremonies / lunch' at 10:15am–1:00pm. We will try to get everyone together afterwards to take our annual group picture which will be posted to the forum as was the case last year.

I would encourage an earlier gathering, for those who would like to meet each other on Wednesday evening. Location (watering hole) for that to be determined. Probably the hotel lounge would make a great meeting place for starters. I will check with the Sheridan to see what else they would have available that would be a good place to meet. With the number of people that we have, a guest room may not be all that comfortable for a group like ours, but I will leave that option open as a last resort.

Let’s keep the planning going. :D

1. (is lunch on our own or combined into the ceremony).

2. Johnny, there is no "e" in my screen name (my sister made it up for me back in the days when AOL only allowed 10 characters in a screen name :D Never bothered to change it).

1. Lunch is included as part of the ceremony.

2. Noted and corrected. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

In my opinion, we need to meet as early in the conference as possible so we can get to know each other better throughout the conference. It is also nice to have a friend to hang with during the conference. Most of the tables are just first come, first serve. Maybe we can print a placard to reserve a table or two for just the HMM gang.

Lunch is in conjunction with the opening ceremony. We'll be on our own the rest of the day to view the exhibit hall. OttoBock is having a picnic Thurs night. We should plan a place to meet. I suppose we could meet for the opening ceremony and lunch. It was in two separate rooms in Nashville, but the same room in Dallas. We won't know the configuration of the meeting rooms til we get there.

I will be arriving Wed afternoon. If enough of us are arriving Wed, maybe we can get together for dinner.

These are just thoughts.

What are your thoughts Johnny????

1. We do need to meet each other as early as possible for the reasons that you mentioned.

2. I get into the room for the lunch as early as possible to claim a table, and this year it will be two. I will see what I can do about reserving a couple of tables.

3. I just heard about the Ottobock picnic which I will be sure to attend. It would be nice to attend this event as a group. I will have more information on all of this later.

4. Dinner Wednesday night sounds great.

I arrive on Tuesday and will be looking to venture out as soon as I get there.

Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet everybody!

Just to forewarn you all, if I don't "hang" with any of you outside of the meals and drinks, don't take it personally. "It's all about me" at this conference as I need to find/see/feel/question everything I can regarding products for symes amputees. This is my first chance to be up close and personal with the stuff (as limited as it is for symes people) and so I will be off doing my thing. I can be impatient with idle conversation when I'm on a mission and prefer "chatting" afterwards with a cocktail. :P LOL!! How's that for sounding stuck up!? I'm really not, just am rather hyper when I'm trying to accomplish something. Then on the other hand, since there isn't much out there for symes, I may be done with my research right away! I don't know what seminars I will want to sit through either. Hmmmmm . . . a lot of unknowns . . .

Ah well, I'll roll with it and see how it all plays out. But if you see me zipping around "flying solo", that's just per normal for me. And if my buddy from Seattle makes it, I may have to ditch him too! B)

Amy if you think you're gonna ditch a fellow Symes you got another thing coming :D

I expect at the very least to be flying past each other pointing to the next place to visit :lol:

Hi Everyone..

Has anyone noticed the Otto Bock "fair" that is posted on the ACA website?

Just wondered if anyone has heard the news...

In talking with Susan Tipton about some peer visitor training, she told me that it is going to be a "carnival" that Otto Bock is planning on putting on, in the parking lot I believe.. They are going to have a dunk tank, booths with games, etc.,just like at a fair. She wasn't sure if there were going to be any rides or not though.. She said that she wasn't sure about the "picnic" though...

Either way, it sounds like we will all have a very enjoyable time....

Higgy

They are going to have a dunk tank, booths with games, etc.,just like at a fair.

I nominate cat as the first person on the dunk tank!!! Anyone like to take a shot :P :P :P

Muchly

:rolleyes: ........... :huh: ................ :blink: ........................ <_<

Oh wait.....did you say drunk tank? :lol:

Johnny

You mentioned 2 tables, but I notice now you got 3. 1 for the Aussie ... 1 for the Americans and poor Eddie on his own.

Better make him an honorary Aussie. :D :D :D :D :D

Muchly

Did someone say food fight :P

Johnny

You mentioned 2 tables, but I notice now you got 3. 1 for the Aussie ... 1 for the Americans and poor Eddie on his own.

Better make him an honorary Aussie. :D :D :D :D :D

Muchly

Did someone say food fight :P

We are an Equal Opportunity organization, and we do not supprt any form of segregation. So the tables are not labeled to protect the innocent, which excludes all of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the tables are not labeled to protect the innocent, which excludes all of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was good and oh so true! :lol: :P

I'm am really looking forward to meeting the people that I am reading about. JudyH