Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marilyn

Very Cool Dream!

Hullo!

I put this in 'inspirational' because this may be the coolest, most symbolic dream I've ever had. Had this last night and must be something to do with all I'm going through and with the fact that I'm coming out of a dark, depressing winter...

I'm on a kind of amusement park ride -- maybe a train? I notice in the bushes as we go by there are many monarch butterflies. Then, overhead in a branch is a large (dinner plate size) butterfly. I reach up and it lights on my hands. It is just now developing it's wings. As the wings come out and begin to harden, the butterfly's "feet" grasp my hands very tightly -- almost hurting. But I know this is ok, because the butterfly is going to fly.

Wow! :P

Wow Marilyn,

Thank you for sharing that with us! It gave me goosebumps, as that's hugely symbolic for you and the stage you are in right now, just like a butterfly! You SOON will be flying with your new leg! :) The part about it's "feet" hurting you a bit, might mean that the process of getting your leg might be painful at times (both physical and emotional!), but the end result will be that you too, will get your wings!

That was great! :)

That's very inspirational. On the other hand, I've seen Japanese monster movies start out like that, too. You sure you weren't watching "Mothra" sometime recently?

Hey Cheri! Yes, I don't often have a really good dream, but this one was so cool! And you couldn't miss exactly what it means! The colors in the dream were so bright. I'm blessed to have had this one -- and doubly blessed to have remembered it!

Trwinship, nope, I've never seen Mothra! As a kid I loved cats and kittens, and in my dreams I would pick up a cat and it would tear me up -- like the Tazmanian Devil! <grin> But this butterfly was quite benign -- not frightening at all.

:D

and in my dreams I would pick up a cat and it would tear me up -- like the Tazmanian Devil!

That's not a dream thats reality :lol:

Muz :P :rolleyes:

Wow That's a beautiful cat! He/She is actually and literally tiger striped!!

Yeah, don't know why I dreamed about cats as a kid, but they were ALWAYS tearing up my hands!

Gosh, Muz, your cat is GORGEOUS!! But, I wouldn't want to get in the way of those paws! :o

Marilyn, it must've been my cat you were always dreaming about as a kid! He's a beautiful cat, but will only let you pet him when he wants to be petted. My hubby says the cat is a lot like me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...will only let you pet him when he wants to be petted. My hubby says the cat is a lot like me!!!

:D :P :D

We could be sisters! er, maybe cats?!

Wow Muz - your kittens are growing into such gorgeous cats. A friend of mine told me that they had a bit of a wild side to them....more so than any other normal house cat.

Is that true?

It would make sense to me....they definitely look the part. Very good looking indeed.

And to get back on track with this thread....Marilyn, what an awesome dream. I walk around half the time with my head in the sand so I would have missed something like that completely if someone decided to bless me with it.

Very special. Thank you for sharing such a personal thing with us.

Ally

:)

Marilyn, it must've been my cat you were always dreaming about as a kid!  He's a beautiful cat, but will only let you pet him when he wants to be petted.  My hubby says the cat is a lot like me!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hehehe, that was very funny Cheri. I can SO relate to that.

:D :lol: :lol: