Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
trwinship

Stupid Leg Tricks

I've been a b/k amputee since 1997, very luckily with few complications and pretty good experiences with my prosthetic leg. Like many of the rest of you I've had lots of funny experiences, not all of which have been accidental. Although it may reflect a less-than-optimal fit, I've found that for very short periods of time I can reverse my leg, allowing my feet to face different directions. This has been handy in group photographs with meetings of overly-stuffy scientist types, but was most entertaining one snowy winter morning when I was the first to enter my building at work. The fresh, unshoveled snow was too tempting, and I carefully (no practical joke is worth a fall) planted footprints to the door--right foot forward, left foot facing in reverse. The long puzzled stares of others as they came in was worth the trouble!

Now, I'm desperately seeking someone who will make me a nice dinosaur foot, a la the character in the Harry Potter books (Mad Eye Moody is who I was trying to think of!). Think what great snow tracks that would make!

Too funny! You don't happen to have any knowledge of crop circles now do you? Your poor co-workers, you probably gave them a few extra wrinkles perplexing over those tracks.

Next thing you know it'll be connected with alians then copycats will follow up and people will be holding scaunses in your tracks...be careful

When I was a kid I'd turn my foot backwards and walk in little circles crying "I can't get to class"! I got sent to the priciples office so many times for stuff like that!

Ok you guys, :D I had to check Trwinship information to see how old you are and if you are a male or female :rolleyes: . It is so funny what you did that I thought you must be a teen boy B) Funny is that once I had a leg which its foot was lose and for this reason it kept turn backward. Several times I went back to my legmaker (Prosthetist) and he just kept telling me it was my stump rotating not the leg...I once asked him if my stump was rotating so much, how come my behind was still behind? <_<

:o I guess I am too late :blink: but this funny guys crack me up :rolleyes:

Hey I think that is so funny!!!!!!!

You make me smile!!!!

I had this one time, I was in a rush one day

and so I hurried in putting my leg on. and It felt

so uncomfortable so I was puzzled for a long time

then I looked down, and I put my prosthetic leg

on the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesley

Nothing a sane person would try, specially with endoskeletal prosthetics, but I saw a movie once where a Hell's Angels biker entertained the crowd (and won more than a few bets) by letting people stab a pocketknife into his leg without flinching, only to reveal his crude, wooden exoskeletal prosthesis when the people left minus their cash. Stupid party trick, or an interesting method to finance your drinking binges? Your call. ;)

Well actually my husband has a friend who is an AK amp and he has done this exact thing a many times. He also won money in bets.. LOL

I have an older friend who told me he ran over his leg one time with his truck.

There is a picture of a guy in the ACA's magazine in Motion thespring issue i think that shows a bi-lateral ak without his prosthesis on just his boots (looks like a munchkin)

And last but not least , i don't use handicapped parking cause they made it such a hassle to get the plackard that i just told them to shove it. Any how it really bothers me when i see able bodied people using the handicapped parking spaces and i usually always say something. Well this one time a guy and his wife actually cut off a guy with handicapped plates in order to steal the spot. I told the guy if he didn't let the other guy park there i was gonna wait till he went in the store and let the air out of his tires,i went and parked and went in the store, did my shop-ing and when i came out the police were there waiting for me. I went over to my truck, bent down and pulled up my pant leg, took my prosthesis off and tossed it in the back of my truck, smiled and waved and drove off......i thought the one cop was gonna faint and i think the other one may have soiled his uniform.

Ziggy, that is such a great story.

Pam

Cheshire, UK