Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

Hot Seat again

Hey everyone let's go again.

As it's my job today to appoint the next victim..er......person :blink: I nominate Afet to sit on the throne for the next 72 hours.

My questions.

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?

2. What's the funniest thing you have ever done?

3. When did you get your first kiss?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I can't believe you Cat!! :lol: Why me????? :blink:

OK, truth is I'm a little tipsy right now, and the 'Noooooo' etc. was my honest first reaction! :ph34r:

So I better answer your questions. <_<

All askees; please note:

I have no intention of being online for 72 hours, so space em out a little. ;)

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a lawyer/barrister (not solicitor). I fancied doing my thing in court. (probably watched too many legal/law programmes as a kid. :blink: )

2. What's the funniest thing you have ever done?

There's a few to pick from. But the one that springs to mind was few years back. It wasn't funny at the time, but it cracks me up to think of it now...

It was an incident at work several years ago now. There was an important meeting scheduled with the Leicestershire Constabulary (where I lived at the time). The Detective Constable Inspector (or whatever his title was) was talking about the occasions his colleagues have found dead bodies in their line of work. Not a funny subject, I know, but the Clever Dick thought it was a good time to crack a joke. I had a terrible cold at the time, and only went in to work so I didn't miss this meeting. My nose was completely blocked, and I felt terrible. My face hurt too. So when he cracked that stupid joke, I laughed through my nose (which was blocked, remember) and then something strange happened. I immediately felt this fluid start running down my nose, but it wasn't like snot. :ph34r: This was VERY fluid, hot and smelt funny! I realised that I had burst my sinuses, which were completely blocked (thus the acheing head). What followed was that this hot, smelly, orangey (cos I had an internal nose bleed) fluid just flooded onto the meeting table. The meeting stopped in its tracks, and everyone looked at me in horror! :o Some were confused, thinking that Clever Dick's attempt at humour during such a morbid topic had resulted in me puking up. Oh, how they were wrong!! :lol: I didn''t hang about to correct them though. I made an attempt to mop up my mess, but I made a very sharp exit for the ladies loo, cleaned myself up, then headed straight home, never to face Clever Dick again!

3. When did you get your first kiss?

Ah, I remember it clearly. :rolleyes: I was 13 at the time. Yeah, I know, I was a bit of a late starter, but I soon caught up! :lol:

OK, truth is I'm a little tipsy right now,

You just had to try both pins as bottle openers didn't you?? :ph34r::blink::rolleyes: :P

OK Afet .. here goes, not too difficult I hope.

What is the best book you have ever read and why was it

Which piece of music evokes the strongest memories for you and what are they

Who on this forum would you most like to meet and why

You can wait till you are sober to answer :lol:

OK, truth is I'm a little tipsy right now,

You just had to try both pins as bottle openers didn't you?? :ph34r::blink::rolleyes: :P

Uh-oh... the secret's out now. :ph34r: :lol:

Mind you, would make for interesting cork screws. :P :lol:

By the way, do you all realise how many times I had to go back and edit that last post for all the typos it had???!! :lol:

By the way, do you all realise how many times I had to go back and edit that last post for all the typos it had???!!

We're supposed to be asking you the questions :P :lol: :P :lol: :P

Mike, good questions!

What is the best book you have ever read and why was it

To Kill a Mocking Bird. We studied it at school, and I really got what it was about. So much so, I scored really well in one of the tests we took about it. :blink:

Which piece of music evokes the strongest memories for you and what are they

Mmmm, excellent question. :D

Answer has to be the theme tune to E.T.,The Extra Terrestial. This was the first ever film I saw at the cinema, so it always brings back memories of that time. I think I even collected the E.T. album stickers, along with my two brothers.

Who on this forum would you most like to meet and why

Another fantastic question! There are so many of you I want to meet (and I hope to one day).

Generally, in life, I really like talking to people that have a lot to say based on their life experiences. Which is the reason why - if I had to be specific - I'd go with Marcus. He designed the feet I am walking on, so therefore must have some old grey matter up there. :rolleyes: I would love to pick his brains (leave it Muz!) He's also a very funny guy, and he always manages to make me laugh.

But, I mean it honestly when I say I'd like to meet everyone. I'd also love to meet Ed. It'd be just brilliant seeing him in action. In no particular order, I'd also like to meet Muz too, and Linda (Sanicki), Cheri, Marcia, Cat, Melaussie, JohnnyV, Jim T, Lark, Ally, and Steve (doggie), and you too Awesome (if only to take a peek at your big, shiny blue toy ;) ), etc. etc. The list goes on and on...

There you go. Answered in depth. ;)

Hi Afet, I missed Cat's 72 hours, so here are my questions for you.

1. Where were you when your husband proposed to you?

2. Who was you favourite teacher and why?

3. Did you have a Saturday job, and where was it?

I also wanted to be an attorney in the early days. Was in college taking law, when I got in an arguement with my Dad and my girlfriend the same weekend and went off and joined the army for 8 years. (3 active). Came home and within months, met my wife and got married. Turned out to be the best decision I ever made. (Over 47 years ago.) My brother went on to be a lawyer, and was a pompus ass.

ANYWHO.....

1. How far outside the UK have you travelled?

2. If you could have any wish, (selfishly, for yourself), today, what would it be?

3. Who was your greatest inspiration in life and why?

PamR's questions now:

1. Where were you when your husband proposed to you?

I was on the other end of the phone (he was in Turkey at the time)

2. Who was you favourite teacher and why?

Again, so many, but I really liked my English teacher, Miss Jones. (She was the teacher behind 'To Kill A Mocking Bird.') She was also the one who pleaded with me to be a writer, because she loved my writing style. I've always said that if I ever do get to write a book, I will dedicate it to her. :)

3. Did you have a Saturday job, and where was it?

I helped out in my dad's restaurant/takeaway business, but usually in the summer holidays.

1. WHO gave you your first kiss?

2. What is your all time favorite movie?

3. What is your special talent or gift?

Oh, I have one more questions.....

Are you still drunk?

I think there might be a package on the way containing a foot or two :lol: :lol:

Let that be a warning for all. If the 72 hours is getting close don't have a drink :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....it might just be YOU :D

By thw way I'm changing the rules again. You can ask as many questions as you like but only THREE at a time. We don't want poor Afet's fingers dropping off....like mine almost did :ph34r::blink:

Hi Afet!

OMG, this is just too much fun...(thanks dear Cat!)

Afet, your "funniest moment" story was to die for!! I felt so sorry for you, yet couldn't stop laughing while imagining it all happening!!! :lol:

Okay, well, I hope you're not too hung over now... I'll go easy on you! ;)

1. What is your beverage of choice? (Both alcohol and non)

2. What do you like best about yourself? least?

3. What famous person (actress, singer, artist, etc.) do you most resemble, looks wise?

1. What was the last book you read?

2. Your favorite perfume?

3. Who sends better emails?....Me...or Cheri? :lol:

3. Who sends better emails?....Me...or Cheri? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. love the perfume question, Cat, good job!

Well that's true Marcus but best to keep it simple. I really need simple :blink:

Besides I'm a little worried about Afet...I hear she likes a drink. :blink::ph34r:

Ok Afet here it comes;

1. Have you had your 15 minutes of fame? If so How, Where & When.

2. If you could invite 3 people to dinner (dead or alive) who would you ask?

3. Do you have any regrets and if so what is the biggest?

Have fun answering & make sure you have another bevvi :P

Wow! You've given me a lot to keep me busy. :blink:

OK, let's go with Jim's questions...

1. How far outside the UK have you travelled?

The furthest I have travelled to is Australia, which took a total of 24 hours on the plane.

2. If you could have any wish, (selfishly, for yourself), today, what would it be?

Good question. It would be to have my dearly departed dog, Bandit, for just one more day. (I wrote about his death in the "I'm so sad" topic in the Reaching Out Forum)

3. Who was your greatest inspiration in life and why?

Well, I had a distinct lack of good role models/inspiration growing up, so I just learnt to depend on and inspire myself.

Marcia's questions now:

1. WHO gave you your first kiss?

I couldn't possibly answer that! I never kiss and tell. :P

2. What is your all time favorite movie?

One that always cheers me up and makes me giggle is a film called Sixteen Candles. It was one of the films that started the teen brat pack genre in the 80's, and I really identified with it when I first saw it (I was around 12-13 yrs old at the time).

3. What is your special talent or gift?

I am a good listener, and can help a person to see all perspectives of their problem.

Oh yes, Marcia's last question:

Are you still drunk?

That's a no, I'm afraid. <_< I don't drink regularly, but when I do, I really do!!

Mind you, I drank gallons of water before bed, so I don't have a hangover now! :D

Hey Cat, if you invented the rules for this it must be Aussie Rules. Does that mean we have to wear unfeasibly tight shorts when we ask the questions? :P

I think there might be a package on the way containing a foot or two

Cat!!! :o

How can you suggest such a thing?!

I already have two pairs of feet from Freedom Innovations, which are enough for me. Why would I want another pair (read, the Silhouette's) !?!!! :lol: :P

No, I'm only joking. When I said I'd like to meet you, Marcus, I had no hidden agenda. Honest! You just seem like a person I'd like to know. Along with the rest of the people I mentioned.

:)