Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

Hot Seat again

Now Cheri's questions:

1. What is your beverage of choice? (Both alcohol and non)

Alcoholic: Red Wine (in particular, a nice bottle of Australian Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon)

No Alcoholic: Water (and coffee)

2. What do you like best about yourself? least?

Best?

I am fiercely loyal. And my eyes. I like my eyes.

Least?

I am also fiercely stubborn. Or fiercely determined, whichever way you look at it. ;) My naturally curly hair sometimes gets on my nerves too.

3. What famous person (actress, singer, artist, etc.) do you most resemble, looks wise?

Oh no, I hate answering questions like this! :angry:

Um, I don't think I resemble anyone, but a few years ago, I was watching an early Jennifer Lopez film, round my aunt's house. My cousin, quite unexpectedly, said that I looked like J.Lo in that film. Remember though, that this was when she first started out, and she had curly hair and her butt wasn't massive yet. :lol:

Back in the 90's, I was told by my best friend that the woman in '2 Unlimited' (euro/rave group of that time) reminded her of me.

:blink::huh::blink:

Now Cat's three...

1. What was the last book you read?

My Best Friend, by Laura Wilson

2. Your favorite perfume?

Great question. I believe you can tell alot about a person by the perfume they wear. I adore wearing perfume, so I have quite an impressive collection. As I have gotten older, I very much prefer the more obscure perfumes. I hate when I can smell MY perfume on someone else!! So, I reluctantly tell you all that my favourite at the moment is Narcisso Rodriguez. No name, that's it. It's a beautiful fragrance. Hinted at hubby to buy it for me for our anniversary, which he did. ;)

3. Who sends better emails?....Me...or Cheri?

Both of you!

Now Mel's excellent questions:

1. Have you had your 15 minutes of fame? If so How, Where & When.

Well, when the first series of Big Brother (BB) started here in the UK, one of my friends and work colleagues was a housemate in the BB house. Obviously, being the first series, it was a new and exciting concept, and the UK went mad for it. So one day, the BB people came to our workplace (which was infamous in itself... the Millenium Dome) and asked for my friend's closest friends to be filmed talking about him and who we thought would win. So I was filmed for that, which then aired a couple of times on Channel Four. I never got to see it though, what with working, but others did.

Then, I was invited to the Final Eviction party at the Dome for his closest friends, and when my friend made came third and was evicted, Davina (the presenter) showed him the live footage of the party, and he saw me! He said something like, "There's Afet!"

Let me tell you that I have never had so many missed calls and texts from my friends all over the country, asking if it was my name he said.

I also witnessed another event at the Dome, when there was an attempted Jewel Heist!! I was quite close to where it happened, and gave a statement. I ended up having to give evidence at court (the Old Bailey), which was an experience in itself. :angry:

2. If you could invite 3 people to dinner (dead or alive) who would you ask?

Ah, this was going to be one of my questions to the next victim!

I would invite Jesus, Marilyn Monroe and my grandmother (my father's mum), who died before I was born.

Strange combination, I know!! :blink: :lol:

3. Do you have any regrets and if so what is the biggest?

Yes, going to the bloody dentist, whose negligent treatment caused me to become ill and has left me in this state. :huh:

I will have some more bevvies later on. It's a bit too early over here! :lol:

Hey Cat, if you invented the rules for this it must be Aussie Rules. Does that mean we have to wear unfeasibly tight shorts when we ask the questions?  :P

Only if you have a nice, big, package for me!!! :lol: :o :P

Hey Cat, if you invented the rules for this it must be Aussie Rules. Does that mean we have to wear unfeasibly tight shorts when we ask the questions?  :P

Only if you have a nice, big, package for me!!! :lol: :o :P

Unfortunately my initials are MJK not DHL :lol: :P

OK Afet,

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

2. Have you seen any good films lately?

3. What do you like most about living in London?

Fiona

Fiona's questions now:

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Ooh, this is a tough one for me. I have been lucky enough to have travelled quite extensively so far (before I lost my legs), but there's always more to see. I've found that, for me, I have to consider so much more now, being an amputee. But I really enjoyed being in Australia, and would've loved to have spent longer there. So I'll go with Australia.

2. Have you seen any good films lately?

I actually went to the pictures yesterday and saw The Weatherman. It was OK, but nothing special. I completely forgot that I'd have to walk to my seat in the dark, while trying to hold a bag of popcorn, a bottle of water and my walking stick!! I must have looked a picture!! :lol: Luckily, there was no-one watching (or so I hope)! :angry:

3. What do you like most about living in London?

Well, certainly not the friendliness of strangers in the street!! :huh:

What I do like is being able to get to anywhere in London quite easily. My experience is that Public Transport, though quite crammed at times, does work well. I also like the history that is so evident around you when you look closely.

Good questions. :)

My turn......

Is there one thing you couldn't possibly live without?

If you could live in any time which would you choose? (no, you can't pick the day prior to your dental appointment in order to cancel it...dig deeper). ;)

Is there something you'd like to do or a way of leaving your mark before you depart this world?

I'd like to meet you to. How's next Thursday for lunch? I may not have Marilyn's legs, but I've got the chest & well I just lightened my hair. Hell, I may not be Marilyn, but I think I'd be a more entertaining lunch date than a dead woman. :P

Love ya,

Linda

Uh-oh... I was dreading your questions, Linda. But they're not as bad as I thought they'd be. :)

Is there one thing you couldn't possibly live without?

There's two actually.

My prostheses.

I just don't 'do' crawling. :P :angry:

If you could live in any time which would you choose? (no, you can't pick the day prior to your dental appointment in order to cancel it...dig deeper).

When you say, "any time," do you mean time period?

Cos if you do, I quite fancy being around in the days of Jane Eyre, and finding my own Mr. Darcy. ;)

Or those Dangerous Liaison's days, where women spilled out of their dresses and used those spanish-style fans to cool themselves down. And men wore those... wigs???? OK, um... forget that one. :lol:

If you didn't mean any of those, then I'd say that I'd like to go back to when I was 5 years old and live my life again. I'd tell my Mum to get out of her marriage, rather then have my dad destroy what was left of it. I'd also fix a few more problems while I was there. ;)

Is that deep enough for you!? B)

Is there something you'd like to do or a way of leaving your mark before you depart this world?

I'd like to have affected everyone I've met in such a positive way that they can't ever, possibly, forget me.

Re. lunch? Sure, I'll just jump into my magic bubble and float over to Chicagee to meet you! How's 1pm next Thurday for ya??! :lol:

My turn now....

If you could choose one talent in the world, what would it be? Like, the most famous ...... ever .....

If you had 24 hours to live, and you could only do 3 things - what would they be?

Do you pick flowers out of other people's gardens?

Ally

:)

Now Ally's questions:

If you could choose one talent in the world, what would it be? Like, the most famous ...... ever .....

Probably to realise my dreams of being a writer, and being a very successful/famous one at that.

If you had 24 hours to live, and you could only do 3 things - what would they be?

1. I'd get all the people I love and take them to the best, most expensive, restaurant in London and, literally, eat all my savings!

2. I'd like to at least know how to drive before I died, so I'd probably borrow someone's car and go for a spin in a car park (and probably wreck it too... oh well, I'd be dead in a few hours, so it wouldn't matter! :lol: )

3. I'd make peace with my father.

Do you pick flowers out of other people's gardens?

No, I don't. I know how much it would annoy me, if I had any flowers out there!!

Hi, i too missed Cats time on this one and i will prob miss quite a few others as well but as i am here now i will ask you a couple of questions Afet.

1) When are you at your happiest

2) What 3 words best describe you

3) What makes you laugh, sad, angry

Great idea Cat, certainly got us all joining in

1. Chocolate or vanilla?

2. Red wine or white?

3. Tea or coffee?

In that case at least do that one. None of us knows for sure how long we've got left ... it could be less than 24 hours :blink:

Good questions, Lesley.

1) When are you at your happiest

When those around me are at their happiest.

2) What 3 words best describe you

Determined, loyal and generous.

3) What makes you laugh, sad, angry

Laugh = Anything from the Mucus Brothers! :lol:

Sad = Seeing someone/something (animal) suffer and in pain.

Also, seeing people that are far worse off than myself, whether that be healthwise, or countrywise (war, starvation, poverty, etc.). Breaks my heart. :(

Angry = Injustice. And hearing of 'people' that are abuse children or animals. :blink:

(Yeah, that means you too, Gary 'Pervo' Glitter. :angry::angry::angry: )

Ah, feel much better now that that's off my chest!! :lol:

P.S. Nice to see you again, Lesley. Hope life is going ok. :)

Now for Cat's third set of three questions! ;) You think I wouldn't notice!?!

1. Chocolate or vanilla?

Vanilla

2. Red wine or white?

Red. Red. ABSOLUTELY RED!! :lol:

3. Tea or coffee?

Give me a nice cup of proper coffee, any day of the week. :D

In that case at least do that one. None of us knows for sure how long we've got left ... it could be less than 24 hours :blink:

I know, Muz. :(

I realised that as I typed it. Who ever knew exactly when they were going to die, eh?!

But it's a little complicated. I'll give it some thought though. Hopefully, I won't die between now and then??! :angry:

Someone has to keep you thinking....might as well be me :D

(if only to take a peek at your big, shiny blue toy ;) ),

You could take a peek any time you like m'dear, but be warned you might get to like it cos it's a helluva package :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Afet lucky you picked big the land of the Oz, I wouldn't wan't to come after you. :D

Muz; I'm sadly reporting that the tight footy shorts are from days gone by. Now we have to watch the baggy ones with no idea of the bum status!

Very Disappointing from the perve factor B)

We don't like this and it's not what we pay our money for!! :D

ps: Afet Can you please arrange for spell check to assist the vino factor?-surely you have some pull in that department <_< :D :blink:

Since I am the 10 point queen what is your Starsign? I'm guessing it's an Air sign?

ps: Afet Can you please arrange for spell check to assist the vino factor?-surely you have some pull in that department <_<  :D  :blink:

Mel, sure I could, but could you please claretfy what kinds of word we need in the vino-factor spell-checker?! :lol: :lol:

Since I am the 10 point queen what is your Starsign? I'm guessing it's an Air sign?

Uh-uh. Guessed wrong, I'm afraid. I am right on the cusp of Virgo and Libra, but whenever I've read profiles of each starsign, I've always felt like I resembled a Virgo (Virgoan?) more. :angry: