Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Cat

The Queen's Baton

People, people people-what an incredible experience. It's now 1.15am Melbourne time & I'm still peaking. The day wouldn't have been the same without my suport crew-how can I thank them. What an amazing couple of people.......S..T it was a buz & over so quick but the opportunity was just bloody fantastic. Not nervous at all & I didn't drop it-furtherest thing from my mind :angry: Really-love you all heaps and thanks for your words of encouragement.

I'm truly best to know all the people I do and that means the world to me.

Cheers Guys!

Melxxxxx

Wow, Mel, I am so happy for you! Congratulations. :D

I am so glad to hear that you didn't drop the baton. We all knew you wouldn't. ;)

Cat and Ruth; I think you two are the best! :D

Congrats Mel. Hope your head recovers from the after event celebrations.

Now Cat, where's the bloody pictures :)

Fabulous Mel. Congratulations

I knew you would be okay.

I know things like that. :angry::angry::rolleyes:

Hiya everyone.

What an AWESOME day.

Mel was magnificent striding out down that road with people cheering at clapping.

We were a bit concerned about one dip in the road that was quite steep but all it meant was she got to hang on to some gorgeous youg S.A.S fella. :lol:

Crossing the busiest road in peak hour traffic Mel waved as a huge line of people and cars and trams clapped and cheered.

Got to the handover point and it was over far too quickly. Hugs from everyone then onto a bar and many celebratory drinks.

Got home about 1.30am

We are so proud of her. :D

Photo's will be on soon, first need to get rid of this damn headache. Totally red wine related.

Ok the sun was so bright I couldn't get my focus to work .... maybe it was the yelling and jumping I was doing too.

After dropping Mel on the official bus we positioned ourselves. Cat at the starting point & walked the whole way with Mel, me half way as I am not as fit as them, but in the excitement I did manage to run ahead ... (what was I thinking).

Here are some pics.

post-8-1142420764.jpg

Kudos to Mel, Cat and Muchly! The photos are great! Limbs for Life is this a national organization or international (I'm such a newbie! Sorry!)

Many cool thumbs up! B)

Limbs 4 Life is Mels baby. Not content with just being alive after her accident she has set up this organisition to support amputees and provide much needed information and services. The first stage is to fill the gap for peer support for new amputees.

Currently it is in Victoria Australia but hopefully will roll out to the other Australian states.

I have a vague feeling that Mel is "the brain" and we are her "pinkys' so I am to scared to ask what we do tomorrow as I am sure the answer will be "to take over the world" :P

Muchly

Good work, Mel. We are all so proud of you and what you are accomplishing. Thanks for the pictures, Cat and Muchly. Everyone looked like they had a great time!

Looks so awesome. Dammit - I really wish I didn't live so far away from everyone. Thanks so much for posting the pics.

Well done Mel - oh and by the way- you looked absolutely fabulous!

Ally

:)

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

(Cat get you to do all the dirty work, eh Ruth?! :lol:)

You all look like you had an amazing time. I know you will never forget it Mel. :D

Way to go, Mel!! You did a superb job and quite a day for some very fond memories, I'm sure!

Kudos to Cat & Ruth for the photo taking and support of Mel!! Thank you for sharing the day with us.

All three of you look fantastic!! Loved the nails, Mel!! :)

Well done, Mel! :D

Thanks for posting the photos, Ruth. You all look as though you had a wonderfull time!!! :D

Lizzie :)

PS Who did your nails, Mel? Very snazzy!

Cheers Guys and you're right Afet-I will never forget it-we're all still buzzing around.

Ally we're miles away from everyone too-know how you feel but great to be able to share the experience with pics-next best thing. B)

Lizzie; did the nails myself was trying for the entire Green & Gold look-shocking to get off but worth the effort. :D