Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pixy

Dancing tips any one?

My boyfriend and I along with another couple are looking at taking dance lessons. At the moment we're comparing prices of diffrent places and arguing over what style we want to do: Salsa, Ballroom, or jazz/ swing. Personally I want to do all of it.

I suppose I'm an okay dancer at the moment but I usually end up on my bum when ever dancing swing.( the boy can't catch and I have no balance hehehe) Any tips or suggestions?

Get him to practice catching? :lol: :lol:

You volunteering Marcus? :D

Oooooooooooooooooooooo - there was a guy who posted a link here not so long ago and there was video footage of him dancing.

*calls* Lizzieeeeeeee.........

He was a very amiable chap - I am sure that you could get hold of him and ask him stuff. He danced in some or other championships as well if I am not mistaken.

Lizzie will help us find his post.

:)

Oooooooooooooooooooooo - there was a guy who posted a link here not so long ago and there was video footage of him dancing.

Do you mean ss7racer's Introduction?

In that post, Pete (ss7racer) gave us a link to see him dancing:

Pixy, if you go to www.hanger.com and keep pressing the Home button, you will eventually see an AK guy come onto the screen, dancing with a lady in a blue blouse. THAT'S ss7racer!! B)

Thanks alot guys. marcus I may take you up on that offer.

I enjoyed the video thanks for posting it. Tomorrow I go to try out a new ottobock knee (well new to me at least) and its supposed to have more flexibility to it so that it doesn't lock up and unlock as much as my current one. So hopefully no more unlocking knee and Shelley on her bum. That's really been my only problem when it comes to dance.(that and I make it up as I go)

The only other minor issue is the way the knee bends. I find the swing of my current knee to be very mechanically and designed only for walking not really having any natural movement a regular knee has. This one is wicked for staying locked when lifting my leg and at times makes it look like i'm goose trotting everywhere. Hopefully this new knee will be a little more natural in movement for both walking and dance. I don't know about any other amputee dancers byt I tend to favor my remaining leg and alter dance steps so I can minimalize un-natural motions with my other leg. ...am I making sence or speaking Greek?

oh just to update we're still arguing about which style to persue... My vote is for swing and ballroom.