Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
dak102054

A newbie

:D Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself. I know many of you from other forums. Just wanted to let you know "I Made It!" .

For those who don't know anything about me, I am a LBK amputee. I was operated on December 20, 2005 due to complications of a Charcot Foot.

I will be casted tomorrow for my first prothesis and I am very excited. Some of you know that I am documenting the process for my own learning and to hopefully use as a tool in a support group I am starting.

It is a good thing to be here.

Deb AKA Stumpy!

Hi Deb! :D Welcome to our little place in the universe. Glad you made it. Good luck with your new prosthesis! :D

Hey Deb! I kept looking for you to show up! :D

You'll like it here, the flavour is just a little different!

Welcome Deb....this is a great :P place to sit aspell. I think its great that you are starting a support group. Lots of luck on your casting.

:P :blink: B)

ann

Welcome, Deb!

Best of wishes for both your casting, and for starting up a support group- that's wonderful!!

You will love your time on the forum here, a wealth of information and great people!

G'day Deb.....welcome :D

Welcome, Deb. I think it's great that you're starting a support group. Best of luck with your casting.

hi there i am having a rbka on 6th april i go into hospital on the 5th i have been told the reason is the charcot foot due to a non healing ulcer i had debrided on 16th dec 2005 also i am a diabetic ihave also been told that i will need a heparin drip as i take heparin injections daily anyway i do not now how long i will be on drip for surgeon as told me my op will take 45 minutes and that if it does not start healing after five days they will go further also he said that i will be in 14 days but i presume if they go further i will be in for a extra week only thing that is bothering me my op is on a thursday and the physio says they get you out of bed the day after but with the heparin drip and fluid and diabetic drip how will these attach to my wheelchair <_<

You don't watch hospital shows huh Naylor? :rolleyes: