Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Thought you may be interested in seeing this website. You will be able to follow the diary of Mark's next adventure.

This guy is truly awesome.

http://www.legsoneverest.com/

Enjoy!

Good Luck to Mark

Andy

xxx

im not sure if any one else is following this but read his diary. im hoping him or Anne (his wife) will keep us updated.

Andy

x

Any body who is following Marks attempt on Everist might enjoy this. This just came through in our news here.

Climber snaps false leg on Everest

Wellington

May 2, 2006 - 11:08AM

New Zealand mountaineer Mark Inglis, trying to become the first double amputee to climb Mt Everest, snapped one of his artificial legs in two in an accident on the peak, his wife Anne said today.

She said her husband, who lost both legs to frostbite in a climbing mishap nearly 24 years ago, told her by satellite phone that it was "a minor hiccup" and he was continuing his attempt on the world's highest peak.

Anne Inglis told Radio New Zealand that he was about 6,400 metres up the mountain and was still acclimatising and preparing to move up to Camp Two, which is about 7,500 metres.

She said that Mark, 47, had been able to hop and to fix the carbon fibre leg well enough to get to climbing companions, and he then rebuilt it with spare parts.

He had a cold and lost his voice and has found the climb "a lot harder than he thought it would be", after climbing Cho Oyu, the world's sixth highest mountain at 8,201 metres, in September 2004.

"He was a bit blase about it," she said.

"He said it is a lot harder, but he's going well."

She said some other groups of climbers had turned back, unable to complete the climb, "but he's going on at the moment".

Inglis was a mountain rescue guide when he and fellow countryman Phil Doole both had their legs amputated below the knees after being trapped in an ice cave for 14 days by a blizzard in November 1982 on New Zealand's Mount Cook.

He resumed mountaineering after being fitted with carbon-fibre prosthetic legs and climbed Mount Cook (3,754 metres) in 2002 before conquering Cho Oyu two years later.

DPA

Cat I heard that he was waiting for them to fly another leg into him and it would take a few days

Thanks Mel I'll check it out

I should have sent it to you sorry-make sure you watch the DOT-cool hey

The leg thing musn't be a problem - the last time I checked (last week) the dot was just passed base camp was about 6320m. So they've made some head way. Although the weather conditions must of changed because he expected to be back in Melbourne by first week May! I don't think so :wacko:

So you told me to find something you already knew about......no wonder you're the boss :wacko:

I think the first week of May 2007 maybe hon

So you told me to find something you already knew about......no wonder you're the boss :blink:

Ok so if I'm the boss then.....................stop that tail wagging NOW!!!!!!

:P :P

So you told me to find something you already knew about......no wonder you're the boss :blink:

Ok so if I'm the boss then.....................stop that tail wagging NOW!!!!!!

:P :P

I didn't say you were MY boss :P

I adore the tail!

Told you Cat - it'll drive everyone bananas!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I adore the tail!

Told you Cat - it'll drive everyone bananas!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, I thought you liked the 'manic paw twitching cat', Ally? :blink:

Lizzie :)

Blimey, I wouldn't class snapping my prosthesis into two a "minor hiccup" in normal conditions let alone half way up Everest. :o

Yeah Ally the cat with Terette's or the paw stutter :P

Listen to Lizzie and do what she says if you don't want to take any notice of me-have you got shares in Panadol? :unsure: Cause I'm sure the price will go up!

Besides no one and I mean no one likes a cat's bum :huh::ph34r: :o Get my drift :lol: :lol:

Hi Rob,

I would have thought the guy would have taken spares-still he is from New Zealand

Listen to Lizzie and do what she says if you don't want to take any notice of me-have you got shares in Panadol? :huh: Cause I'm sure the price will go up!

Besides no one and I mean no one likes a cat's bum :huh::unsure: :o Get my drift :lol: :lol:

Hi Rob,

I would have thought the guy would have taken spares-still he is from New Zealand

Ok ok boss I'll change it sheesh

I heard he did take a spare but when he looked in his bag he found a leg of lamb. :P

Oh bugger did I say that outloud?? :ph34r:

Keep the tail wagging. It makes me giggle every time I look at it. I vote for the wag instead of the wave.......

Fiona is hereby appointed to "Team Cat"...Mel is demoted herewith

Listen to Lizzie and do what she says if you don't want to take any notice of me-have you got shares in Panadol? :blink: Cause I'm sure the price will go up!

Besides no one and I mean no one likes a cat's bum :blink::wub: :o Get my drift :lol: :lol:

Hi Rob,

Yep, of course didn't think he'd go with only one but even so there must be limit to the amount he could take as it all needs to be carried.

My thinking would be "oh god I've snapped one I've only got x amount left, what happens if I break another".

Mind you, spose a leg of lamb could be quite useful, especially if other provisions were getting low. Pass the mint sauce please.

Keep the tail wagging. It makes me giggle every time I look at it. I vote for the wag instead of the wave.......

Fiona is hereby appointed to "Team Cat"...Mel is demoted herewith

Cat, that one looks as if you are about to pounce!!

Mark is pretty good at fixing his own legs. when i met him bakc last year the first thing he asked me was what was my leg like. the guy who actually makes his legs is a close friend of his.

So he would have had spare parts...

Andy