Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Nah put the cat with a snag on :D

I think.......not :lol: :lol:

woohoo.........Fantastic :D

That's only one Muz....there's more :wacko::ph34r:

Muz, Cat has an entire collection so beware and please no need for encouragement :rolleyes:

Muz, Cat has an entire collection so beware and please no need for encouragement :rolleyes:

She means cats not flies Muz :huh:

Flies only follow people covered in....never mind :blink:

She means cats not flies Muz :huh:

Flies only follow people covered in....never mind :blink:

That cat should lick itself a bit more then :lol:

It's the dogs fault Muz..everywhere I go there are Barkers Eggs :rolleyes:

Inglis faces surgery

May 29, 2006

Mark Inglis journey to the top of Mt Everest has come at a cost.

It has been 12 days since Inglis reached the summit of Everest and the minus 38 degree cold has taken a higher than expected toll. The double amputee is set to lose the tips of three fingers and may have to have surgery on his leg stumps.

"The hands...things are just happening so fast in them there's a constant combination of things burning and throbbing."

Twenty-three years ago it was frostbite that robbed Inglis of his lower legs. They were amputated after he was trapped in an ice cave on Mt Cook for two weeks.

Inglis will undergoing surgery for his fingers later this week, while his legs will be operated on in a months time.

Taken from this page of the tvnz.co.nz website, where you can view two short video clips showing the extent of the injuries Mark has sustained, beneath the pic of Mark's frostbitten fingertips.

Wow, thaks for the link Afet. Did you see his stumps? That must be so terrifying. But what he said was "it's embarrasing really"..... eish!

I'm going to show that video to my mum...she must stop her panic mode when I take the dog for a walk. :rolleyes: In the African sun....round the block....

Must be true what they say about the spirit of the mountain capturing your soul and calling you to climb.

thanks for the link.

must be hard for him, and i bet it is dead embarrassing. I bet his wife and his children are glad that hes not going to climb any more mountains

Andy

Apparently the finger tip thing is normal and to be expected.

They bought there ticket; they knew what they were doing;

Be interesting to watch the 60 minutes interview he's copped a heap of flack

I just saw a report on a local website that states that Mark is having (or has had by now) the tips of 3 fingers - to the first knuckles - amputated today (Wed 7 June)

He is also going to have the ends of his frost bitten stumps opened up and checked.