Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sanicki

Hot Seat VIII

Ok, It's Johnny V's turn to climb into the hot seat.

I know you're busy, but it's only for the next 72 hrs!!! :wub:

I'll start you off easy, but be warned I will be back. ( when you read that...do it in Arnold Schwarsnager's voice...I was).

Okie dokie,

1. Dog or Cat person?

2. Do you play an instrument?

3. What worries you the most?

Have fun,

Linda

Another excellent choice here Linda! :D

Johnny,

1. What is your favourite film of all time?

2. Favourite song of all time?

3. Who is your biggest inspiration?

Enjoy!!!

Ok here's mine!

1. What's your favorite food?

2. Where would you like to live when you retire?

3. If you were stranded on an island what would you want to take with you besides another person.

4. What's your favorite color?

That's it for now but I'll think of other questions to ask you TRUST ME! LOL

Linda Great choice.

Ok, It's Johnny V's turn to climb into the hot seat.

I know you're busy, but it's only for the next 72 hrs!!! :blink:

I'll start you off easy, but be warned I will be back. ( when you read that...do it in Arnold Schwarsnager's voice...I was).

Okie dokie,

1. Dog or Cat person?

2. Do you play an instrument?

3. What worries you the most?

Have fun,

Linda

Thank you for the opportunity to share Linda. :P I have been looking forward to this ever since it all started. :lol: So much for keeping a low profile. :wub:

1. Dog (have never had a cat for a pet. Wouldn't mind a cat)

2. Vocals, piano and washboard (My Mom went to Julliard for voice. What a blessing for me.)

3. The unknown at times. (I continue to work at that to turn it around)

Hi Johnny, enjoy your time in the chair.

1) One one item would you take with you on a derserted island (except for some form of rescue craft)?

2) Whats better, chips or fries?

3) What would you describe as your worst character trait?

Another excellent choice here Linda! :D

Johnny,

1. What is your favourite film of all time?

2. Favourite song of all time?

3. Who is your biggest inspiration?

Enjoy!!!

That's a matter of opinion Afet, but I knew that I would be sitting here eventually.

1. The Phantom of the Opera (2004)

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0293508/

is my most recent favorite, but I have so many, that it is diificult for me to have just one.

2. I have no one favorite song of all time because I love music, and there are so many that are my favorite. I have favorites for diiferent moods, times, places, who I am with, activities that I am involved in.

3. Let me see..... My biggest inspiration are people who love and respect me for me unconditionally, starting with my parents, who are still both alive at 80 years old with their day to day struggles. My 7 year old daughter Shannon, who gave me my greatest purpose to survive through my cancer, amputation and now divorce. And last but certainly not least, my wonderful extended family which includes all of you fine people here at the HMM Amputee Forum, my different support groups, my parish family at church, all of who continue to be there for me in such an importent and caring way. That is without a doubt my biggest inspiration.

Sorry that I can't be more specific Afet. I did the best I could.

Hi Johnny :D

My questions for you are:

1 Apart from your friends & family, who is the most amazing person you have ever met and why?

2 Where is you spiritual home?

3 What book are you reading at the moment...and is it any good?

Lizzie :)

Ok here's mine!

1. What's your favorite food?

2. Where would you like to live when you retire?

3. If you were stranded on an island what would you want to take with you besides another person.

4. What's your favorite color?

That's it for now but I'll think of other questions to ask you TRUST ME! LOL

Linda Great choice.

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for participating. Great to hear from you.

1. Seafood

2. Retirement! Which one? That will be a while, but I would like to think that I will be living all over the world, traveling and visiting all of my friends. But I will still be based out of Poughkeepsie NY until my daughter is graduated from high school in 2016. After that, some place warmer year round than here. I haven't nailed that down as of yet, but it's sure worth thinking about. Austrailia sounds like a nice place. I really want to travel.

3. My positive attitude and faith.

4. Red

Hi Johnny, enjoy your time in the chair.

1) One one item would you take with you on a derserted island (except for some form of rescue craft)?

2) Whats better, chips or fries?

3) What would you describe as your worst character trait?

Hi Rob,

Thank you for participating. What the hell, I might as well.

1. A picture of my daughter that would continue to give me hope that I would one day be with her again.

2. Fries.

3. Negativity

Woohoo Johnnyyyyyyyy :D

1. Chocolate or Vanilla?

2. What's the first thing you do every morning?

3. What colour are your eyes?

Hi Johnny :D

My questions for you are:

1 Apart from your friends & family, who is the most amazing person you have ever met and why?

2 Where is you spiritual home?

3 What book are you reading at the moment...and is it any good?

Lizzie :)

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for participating.

1. My DJ (Disc Jockey Mobile Entertainer) mentor and I had a connection that encouraged me to be very successful in my DJ buisness. His energy inspired me because I wanted to reflect his success in my buisness. He continues to root for my success even now that he has retired for which I am very grateful.

2. It's me. My spiritual temple is this physical body that I have been blessed with for the purpose of traveling through this journey of life that I have been given to explore and make the most out of.

3. I am not reading a book at the moment. I try to keep up with my reading of current events, and that is usually not very good. Reading books is rare.

Woohoo Johnnyyyyyyyy :D

1. Chocolate or Vanilla?

2. What's the first thing you do every morning?

Thank you Cat. It's nice to be here. Thanks for the questions.

1. Chonilla but mostly Vanilla.

2. Wake up. (Can't do much else until I do that. That wasn't my first answer, but I thought that it would be too much information, and this is a family forum.)

3. Brown (Got the BS to prove it)

You flirty lil minx....didn't care to ask what color my eyes are. ;)

Linda

Now now Linda. I know that your 72 hours are up, but what color are your eyes?

1. How old is old?

2. Do you think you'll ever get married again?

3. What challenges other than having cancer, amputation and divorce have you had in your life.

4. If you were going out to dinner would you rather go casual or dressed up?

5. Can you play the sax?

1. How old is old?

2. Do you think you'll ever get married again?

3. What challenges other than having cancer, amputation and divorce have you had in your life.

4. If you were going out to dinner would you rather go casual or dressed up?

5. Can you play the sax?

Back with more so soon, huh Brenda? I know, you warned me.

1. When it is out of date, past it's expirartion. No longer of use. Time to discard. Depends on what it is. I have a great aunt that just turned 95 this past Thursday. She made dinner for her family on Friday in her home that she still lives by herself and takes care of herself in. Some how I have a tough time thinking of her as old.

2. Only time will tell, but it's not someting that is very high on my priority list right now. I would like to think that it would be in the cards at some point but I'm not thinking about it right now.

3. Accepting the things that I can't change and being willing to change the things that I can.

4. Like music, it depends on the mood I am in. When I am in a celebration mood, I like to get dressed up. When I just want to relax, I like to be casual.

5. No, but I have had a dream or two that I could, so I may have in a past life or maybe deep down I always wanted to give it a try.

Hi Johnny.

Who is the person that you most respect/admire in your life?

What is the best piece of advice that you would want to give to a fellow amputee?

What is the one piece of advice, that you would give to your daughter, that you would want her to take with her all her life?

Higgy

Always the gentleman John. My eyes are blue. :rolleyes:

More ???????

1. What did you have for dinner tonight?

2.Favorite TV show?

3. How would people describe you?

Linda

Hi Johnny.

1. Who is the person that you most respect/admire in your life?

2. What is the best piece of advice that you would want to give to a fellow amputee?

3. What is the one piece of advice, that you would give to your daughter, that you would want her to take with her all her life?

Higgy

Hi Tammie,

Thank you for participating.

1. My manager at work. He is a very hard working individual that doesn't mind jumping into the trench with everybody else to get his hands dirty. He has always been a hands on nuts and bolts person, and has shown his loyalty to me as a supervisor and friend over the years. He still stands by me to this very day. I am very fortunate to have him as my manager these past 25 years.

2. Try to always be in the driver’s seat when it comes to where you want to be as an amputee. Sitting in the back seat or passenger’s seat will not provide you with as many opportunities as will being in the driver’s seat. The key point that I make is that self advocacy provides empowerment, and empowerment provides quality of life. This formula for success will apply to any adversity or conquest that you are faced with in life. So once you've mastered it as an amputee; you can apply it to anything else in life as well.

3. The greatest fear is fear itself, so live life to it's fullest by not creating obstacles that will get in the way.

Always the gentleman John. My eyes are blue. :rolleyes:

More ???????

1. What did you have for dinner tonight?

2. Favorite TV show?

3. How would people describe you?

Linda

Thank you for the nice compliment kind lady with blue eyes. :rolleyes:

1. Roast beef, yams, and green salad with blue cheese dressing, pineapple chunks and water to drink.

2. The Weather channel on a good day. TV programming gets very little of my attention except for the news in the morning after I wake up. I spend a greater part of my time enjoying movies that I watch on the TV. I borrow them for free from the library.

3. Upbeat, optimistic, friendly and high energy. I usually try to hide the rest, but have a tough time hiding the truth from the people that are close to me in my life. The brown eyes give it away.

Greetings from the sunny South...

1. What's the funniest thing you ever did?

2. Do you believe in angels?

3. How did you find this forum?

Greetings from the sunny South...

1. What's the funniest thing you ever did?

2. Do you believe in angels?

3. How did you find this forum?

Hi Marcia,

Send some of that sun up north. We are ready for it up here. Thank you for participating.

1. When my daughter was born, she weighed 10 lb 7 oz making her a good size new born. At the hospital, they take foot prints and give a copy to the parents. So when I announced my daughters birth and weight to the staff at work, I enlarged the foot prints on the copy machine enough to notice with her weight and time of birth, making them think that she was a bit larger than she actually was. I corrected it the following day, but I thought that it was amusing.

2. I do believe in angels.

3. The forum found me via an email from the HMM management, anouncing it's birth in February of 2003. I had contacted them a few months prior for some resource information.

I'm back! LOL

1. Have you ever traveled by train?

2. Do you have frequent flyer miles?

3. Have you ever been sky diving and if not would you?

4. Do you like roller coaster rides?

5. Would you ever bungie jump?

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

Hi Johnny, bit late in getting round to asking questions, but I have been busy digging 'pot holes' ... Ask Linda :lol:

Anyway....

1) What is the one big 'Must Do' thing left in your life .

2) Which event in history would you change if you could.

3) Why does Cat have a fixation with Chocolate and Vanilla :rolleyes:

:lol:

You can tell a lot about a person that way,,,chocolate is exotic, sometimes forbidden, always a friend...vanilla is.......vanilla :P

Sorry JV had to answer it myself