Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Lil' Boffin

A potential amputee's daughter

I'll let you into a secret you don't really become a mind reader when you become a parent

... except when you're up to no good ;)

lol thanks everyone

you really made me laugh Muz :D

i really appreciate everything that's been said to me.. thank you Mick i really apprecitate you allowing me to talk to your daughter it would be a big help for me to talk to someone my own age lol

isn t my mum great lol and don t worry i will be there for you and will talk to you when you need me :P

Lil' Boffin xxx

hi everyboby

just wanted to say thank you for all of the advice that has been given to me and thank you for PM my mum mick Kerris story really helped me to get an idea of what i will be facing during the few months that mum will be healing.

i heard that she won t get her prosthesis for 6 months after the operation and that has shaken me a little as i am wondering the limits of her mobility for the 6 months. I have told her though that she is not allowed to move for at least 6 weeks after the operation even if i have to chain her to the bed :wacko: .

I am getting nervous about my exams and have a week next week in school where it is just a select few of us that are going into school to have extra evision so that we can boost our grades. :( but it doesn t matter because on the thursdaywe are off to Alton Towers the theme park :lol: .

the week after that me and mum are going out to Spain to visit Nan for a week which will be very enjoyable and i think both me and Mum need the break :P i can't wait.

thank you all once again

Lil' Boffin xxx

i am wondering the limits of her mobility for the 6 months. I have told her though that she is not allowed to move for at least 6 weeks after the operation even if i have to chain her to the bed :wacko: .

I

Hi Lil Boffin. Your thanks to everbody are very well appreciated. You sound like a very polite and mature young lady. (At my age, everybody seems young. I hope you don't mind.)

I have one question however. Somewhere I must have missed something. Why again is it that your mother will be in bed for six weeks? Immediately after the operations, I was walking around the hospital on my crutches. Once home, I was all over the neighborhood, blowing the leaves out of the driveway, climbing the ladder to the roof, and tooling around the neighborhood on my 50cc sooter. I also finished re-finshing an antique rocking chair, in my shop. I did that while I was still in a wheel chair. (first month or so).

And no, mine was not an easy amputation. The complications have led to 43 operations, (The same as your mom I believe.)

We all are different, and I have a "pushy" attitude that goes out and finds what it is I can't do before making any judgement. I found that there was nothing that I "can't" do, although there were some things that I probably "shouldn't" do.

Good Luck on your exams.

Hi Lil'Boffin

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS

John